Thread: Theme requirement?

Unregistered

Theme requirement?

Hi
    Your product looks good and well supported. However, it comes complete with a Theme as part of the package. We already have a long-established site - www.french-waterways.com - with a theme/layout that has been developed over some time. (It's actually a fairly simple variant of TwentyTen) We don't want to/can't abandon our existing design.
    I realise we might lose your Support, but is it feasible to amend either your theme to operate like our modified 2010 or 2010 to include the features that your theme requires?

Thanks for your comments - hoping that some kind of compromise/merging is possible.

Unregistered

clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi
    Your product looks good and well supported. However, it comes complete with a Theme as part of the package. We already have a long-established site - www.french-waterways.com - with a theme/layout that has been developed over some time. (It's actually a fairly simple variant of TwentyTen) We don't want to/can't abandon our existing design.
    I realise we might lose your Support, but is it feasible to amend either your theme to operate like our modified 2010 or 2010 to include the features that your theme requires?

Thanks for your comments - hoping that some kind of compromise/merging is possible.
    - Application: ClassiPress -

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Modifying how Classipress looks is definitely possible as there are no encrypted codes in it. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can avail the services of an experienced coder to do it for you.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

supplementary question

Thanks for your very speedy reply. Another question, please.
    Our site uses .html url permalink suffixes. Is this a problem for ClassiPress?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Classipress uses custom post types and so having .html on the permalink suffixes will only work on blog posts and not ad posts. However, there might be a plugin that can customize permalinks structure on custom post types.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information