Thread: Theme vs. Plugin

Unregistered

Theme vs. Plugin

Hello,
    I really like some of your templates and would really like to buy them, but I just cannot use them in my existing wordpress blog, because these are no plugins, but main themes that only serve ONE purpose! It would not even be possible to use jobs and classifieds in the same install!

Is there any way to publish this functionality as an addon / plugin for wordpress. It could keep the great CSS Layout, but integrate into any wordpress blog out there! I dare say you would also sell a ton of those because it could be much better integrated and used as an addon instead of a standalone solution!

Best regards, Max

Thanks
    As our company title suggests "AppThemes", we specialize in application themes for WordPress rather than plugins ;) We can certainly understand that people may like to see our products as plugins, however having these as themes allows us to really make the most of WordPress and thus offer more features and functions than we could achieve with the use of a plugin. There's ultimately absolutely no reason why you can't use our themes with an existing website if you consider installing them in a subdirectory and restyle the theme to "match" your homepage.

e.g.
    yourdomain.com <== Your existing website
    yourdomain.com/classifieds <== Your ClassiPress installation
    yourdomain.com/jobs <== Your JobRoller installation

Then to tie it all in, you could set this up on a WordPress multisite network to allow your customers one login across all installations, giving it a seamless browsing experience.

We appreciate your feedback :)

Thread Information