Thread: Is there a User manual I can read online or download?

AriP-Canada

Is there a User manual I can read online or download?

Hi there!

I am seriously considering Vantage for a directory site that I wish to create. I need to do my homework to see if this theme will fit my particular needs and learn how to set up the theme according to my needs. Is there a manual or documentation (either online or offline) I could read? Is there a walkthrough that I could look at to understand how to set up listings etc?

Even better, let me give you an idea of what I hope to do with your theme:

1. I need to have this run as much on autopilot as possible so people can register, pay, and create a listing for their business with little/no intervention from me so I can concentrate on going out and selling the site.

2. My particular niche is focused on a certain (seasonal) industry that offers services to the general public; I am looking at integrating a scheduling web service so that when the business signs up, they get a bookings site that drives clients directly to their business and generates revenue for them (think value added always!). Do you have any integration options/API's that I could make use of to achieve this? Can I purchase your theme and give it to the potential bookings site partner to modify (if necessary) so that I can integrate their service?

3. Can I do bulk sign-ups? For example, a business with multiple loactions - can I offer an option to that type of company where I could get an Excel CSV file formatted in a certain way so that I could bulk import listings and save time with data entry?

Thanks in advance,
    AriP-Canada

Thanks
    Available documentation for Vantage can be found here, with information regarding the themes default functionality and links to the font and back end demo sites found on the Vantage theme information page. There is no specific user manual outside of that as such, but as a customer, our support team can help clarify questions you may have about the theme in our forums.

In answer to your points:

1. If you choose not to moderate listings then yes essentially you can leave it to run without additional intervention as users can complete transactions and have listings posted without approval if you wish.

2. There are no default options or specific marketplace plugins for the functionality you describe, so it would certainly require customization on your part. We don't offer these services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes if you are looking for someone to implement it.

3. Vantage has a built in .csv importing tool as shown on the Vantage admin demo here. Thanks.

Thread Information