Thread: Three Quick Clipper Theme Questions

Unregistered

Three Quick Clipper Theme Questions

I'm really interested in buying the Clipper theme but I have no technical background and wanted to ask about a few things before I purchase :

1) Is there a way to auto load new coupons from CJ, Pepperjam, or any of the other affiliate networks with Clipper? Or if not directly, is it friendly with plug-ins provided by the affiliate networks to accomplish this task? Anyone done it before?

2) Can you disable the ability for users to generate their own coupons? I don't want that ability.

3) How difficult would it be to customize the look and feel of the site? Does the theme come with the ability to customize formatting (how large the coupon section is vs the twitter feed etc.)?

Apologies if some of these seem hopelessly basic, I have no technical background whatsoever but very excited to try this out.

Unregistered
    Oh by the way, I am aware some of these questions are covered in the troubleshooting section of Clipper, but unfortunately they won't let us unregistered folks read those posts...

Thanks
    No problem, we're happy to answer any questions you have :)

1) Currently Clipper does not include integration for feeds off other websites as you describe. It does have an import tool though, which allows you to import coupon data in bulk. AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee that plugins of this nature would be compatible with the theme.

2) Yes, you can make registration unavailable and remove the "share coupon" button from the sidebar widget options.

3) Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to customize them as you wish. For doing this we recommend the use of a child theme in order to retain your changes in the process of an upgrade. You may like to read some of our documentation on theme customization to get an idea of what is involved. Thanks.

Thread Information