Thread: Total Newbie - Needs Direction - Rapidweaver Anyone?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Total Newbie - Needs Direction - Rapidweaver Anyone?

Hey All.
    I just came across ClassiPress through a RapidWeaver forum, and it looks like this is what I need to create my Job Board/Classified Area on my site to be. BUT, I have a few questions.

Do I need to use Wordpress before I use ClassiPress or can ClassiPress be stand alone without WordPress. I don't want a blog, just "CraigsList" type page(s).

Has anyone ever integrated ClassiPress into RapidWeaver? How was your experience?

I assume that you can add many different categories, some charge some free. Are fields searchable? One of my clients wants a "dating" site - can this be done here as well - I guess it's the same concept, just different information

Any suggestions to how I should start creating?

I appreciate anything you can offer this Newbie.

David

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Total Newbie - Needs Direction - Rapidweaver Anyone?

Hello? Can anyone help me out with some direction?

Thanks

Classipress is a Wordpress theme so yes you must use classipress, then install Classipress into the theme folder.

Has for RapidWeaver im not sure. I dont see any reason why you cant import the files into it. RapidWeaver isnt for editing themes though has it is making themes under its own system, so you may be much better off going with Dreamweaver.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

OK...thank you. So I created a WordPress Account yesterday. From here, I'll purchase ClassiPress. didn't see a place to enter themes, or a tutorial as to how I can use it. Is it pretty simple once it's purchased/downloaded? Do you need to know any HTML, CSS, SQL or any of that stuff :)

With ClassiPress, can individuals create their own username/password and manage their information? Can Information be searched - for a job board or dating board? Can I designate pay items and non pay items?

Is there some sort of ClassiPress for dummies book?

Thanks for your help...

David

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doralevich
    OK...thank you. So I created a WordPress Account yesterday.
    I think you had better check first as by 'wordpress account' do you mean on wordpress.com?
    If so, you need to go to wordpress.org, download and install wordpress on your own server.

Thanks

Yea youll need to install a complete Wordpress script you can download from Wordpress.Org. This will give you your own wordpress site.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thread Information