Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Translation of Categories

Unregistered

Translation of Categories

Hi

Is there are way to translate categories in Classipress? We have checked with one of our client and they said no way to translate categories since categories are not in .pot file.

Yes, I have checked their site and .po file. there is nothing listed all of the category they created. there is no option to translate to another language even they used xili language plugin.

So that their site is still show english cateogries even user choosed their local. The whole customer facing UI is translated according to .po .mo file except categories. Translation all the categories that created by user must be translated to another language. this is our requirement.

Thanks,
    Alex

Thanks
    Hi Alex, categories are entered in by the site admin, so essentially you can create the categories as you need them in the required language. These are not controlled by the actual theme .po files.

You may also like to read these WordPress pages relating to WordPress in your language:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Installin..._Your_Language
    http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for reply. My requirement is that there are two flags, Myanmar and English on very top navigation bar. I want to change the themes to Myanmar language according to .po file. Same for English. I know that it can be done by .po file. My client developer also show me a sample site that they already developed. But categories can't be change.

Yes, I know that I have to create categories by specific language that you have suggested. But user only want to see Myanmar translated categories only. Same apply for English.

Is there a way to filter according to user language if I duplicate category?

I know that it can be achievable by multisite or subdirectory.

Thanks,
    Alex

Thanks
    Hi Alex, I have only seen instances of language selection as you describe with customers using a multisite setup (one installation for each language), and although there are plugins such as WPML available for multi-language selection from the front-end, this plugin unfortunately is not confirmed to be 100% compatible with our themes, although their developers have worked with ours to try and find a solution for this, as it is a sought after functionality. At this time though, there's not really another method by which we can confirm this will work without multisite or customization. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for reply. I have one more question. Will it be possible if I put the msgid in .po file manually? Themes will be taking care of it?

E.g .

#. [local] name from ad_cat with slug accessories
    msgid "Accessories"
    msgstr ""

We really need to make sure before we buy this themes. If it is possible, we don't care to add the categories into .po file manually.

If it is not possible then let it be. I will ask customer to create multisite that they really scare to do so. :)

Thanks,
    Alex

Unregistered
    --- "We have started working with AppThemes team about 2 weeks ago, reviewing compatibility. So far, we see problems that prevent
    ClassiPress from running multilingual sites. These issues appear big, but handling them is pretty simple. We reported the issues to
    AppThemes team and we will work with them to resolve them all. If you remind them that you are also waiting for this to work, it
    might expedite things on their side."

Unregistered
    reply from wpml

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for reply. I have one more question. Will it be possible if I put the msgid in .po file manually? Themes will be taking care of it?

E.g .

#. [local] name from ad_cat with slug accessories
    msgid "Accessories"
    msgstr ""

We really need to make sure before we buy this themes. If it is possible, we don't care to add the categories into .po file manually.

If it is not possible then let it be. I will ask customer to create multisite that they really scare to do so. :)

Thanks,
    Alex
    I have checked with our team and they have confirmed no, it will not work the way you mention in your example.

If you were to try qtranslate, you could add filters as discussed here.

I will follow up regarding whether or not we have had further communication with the WPML developers. Thanks.

Heiko

ClassiPress Category Internationalization

Hi,

we also need to support localizable categories.
    As the site is to display the same content to viewers from different countries, using a setup with multiple instances is not an option for us.
    We would love to go with ClassiPress, however, this would be a kill criterium.
    So I would really appreciate an integration with wpml or some other means of category internationalization.
    Since we need to decide which theme to use within the next days, I would appreciate some hints on how you plan to proceed in this matter.

Thanks!

Thanks
    An update to this is that we have been in contact with the developers of WPML again recently and we are currently working on this with them. Our developers are going to create plugins that will make the themes more compatible with WPML. The plugin and necessary code will be available with the release of ClassiPress V3.3 (you may wish to check back at that time to confirm details of the plugin itself. The estimated release date for ClassiPress v3.3 is indicated on our theme release status page http://www.appthemes.com/releases/). The other themes will follow in due course. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information