Thread: Two quick questions between personal & small business editions

Unregistered

Two quick questions between personal & small business editions

Hi,
    I'm sorry if these have been asked and I missed them but I am wondering about a couple of the differences between the Personal & Small Business edition.
    1) Will the personal editon accept paypal payments for placing an ad?
    2) Sorry if this is dumb but, what does the PayPal IPN feature do for me?

Thanks in advance
    Gary

Thanks
    The biggest differences between the two licences is that the Personal Edition licence is only for use on 1 website, requires you to keep the footer credit intact, does not have transaction logging or PayPal IPN and apparently will not include Google Checkout as a payment option. The Small Business Edition licence can be used on up to 5 websites, allows you to remove the footer credit, and does include transaction logging and PayPal IPN and will include Google Checkout when it is available. You can view the licence comparison chart if you wish.

1)Yes, the Personal Edition licence will allow you to accept PayPal Payments from customers for placing their ads.

2) Basically, PayPal IPN is a notification feature so you know when payments have been made... you can read more about it here.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi,
    Thank you for your reply. I had read that info about the IPN and was still confused. And maybe I should pose this question to PAYpal but, my goal is that whenever someone places and ad that they are taken directly to PAYpal to make their payment. Once the payment is complete, they are taken back to the site and their ad is placed. I don't want to have to take any action for their ad to be placed. It appears that if I was selling widgets, I could use the IPN feature to let me know I have received their payment and can ship out the widgets. With the classified ad site tho, I'm mnot sure if it necesary or not. My initial thought is I would not really need it.
    Thanks Again!!

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    The biggest differences between the two licences is that the Personal Edition licence is only for use on 1 website, requires you to keep the footer credit intact, does not have transaction logging or PayPal IPN and apparently will not include Google Checkout as a payment option. The Small Business Edition licence can be used on up to 5 websites, allows you to remove the footer credit, and does include transaction logging and PayPal IPN and will include Google Checkout when it is available. You can view the licence comparison chart if you wish.

1)Yes, the Personal Edition licence will allow you to accept PayPal Payments from customers for placing their ads.

2) Basically, PayPal IPN is a notification feature so you know when payments have been made... you can read more about it here.

Thanks
    Ok thanks for clarifying what you want to know.

With ClassiPress, regardless of which licence version you have purchased - the way you collect payments is as you described above. You obviously set your preferences within the ClassiPress admin dashboard in terms of ad pricing etc. Then, from there, when a customer places an ad, the last step of the ad posting process involves them being directed to PayPal to complete their transaction. Once payment is completed, the ad will be posted. So technically you don't need any manual input during the ad posting process.

The PayPal IPN feature is not a necessity for any of this payment process.

Thread Information