Thread: UAE compatibility

MIT

UAE compatibility

Hello
    I was looking into using Vantage to create a listings site based in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates generally. i was wondering how compatible it would be in terms of locations/maps, currency etc. I am not currently looking to translate into Arabic but if i do in the future, would that be something that would be supported ? any other compatibility issues that i should be aware of ?

thanks in advance
    MI

Thanks
    The map functionality used in Vantage is linked to Google maps, so if your country is supported by Google maps then this will work correctly. In terms of currency, PayPal is the default payment gateway integrated into the theme, and United Arab Emirates Dirham does not appear on their list of supported currencies. However, in the AppThemes Marketplace you can find other available payment gateways for Vantage for purchase, and 2Checkout.com, for example, does support AED. Localization of the theme in terms of theme translations can be done in any language, and instructions can be found on our language packs page, with the only consideration for Arabic being the Right to left language display which requires some additional modification to the stylesheet. You can read more about this on the WordPress Codex. Thanks.

MIT
    That's great thanks. Would displaying prices in Dirhams be a problem as well or just paying in them? As in if a company just wanted to list prices in Dirhams, would that be difficult ?would we have to modify the theme to do that?
    Thanks again
    MI

Thanks
    Unfortunately there is no specific currency symbol selector available in the Vantage admin dashboard, so by default you are limited to what is available in the dropdown menu of the Payment settings page. So this being said, yes you would either need to modify the theme, or as mentioned, purchase the other payment gateway plugin to make those other currencies available. Thanks.

MIT
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Unfortunately there is no specific currency symbol selector available in the Vantage admin dashboard, so by default you are limited to what is available in the dropdown menu of the Payment settings page. So this being said, yes you would either need to modify the theme, or as mentioned, purchase the other payment gateway plugin to make those other currencies available. Thanks.

Ok thanks for all your help

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information