Thread: Update a midified theme

Unregistered

Update a midified theme

There are features I am hoping for in the next version, however since costumers have lifetime updates I thought about maybe buying the script already and a question popped up.

What if I make changes to the theme, like changing the layout and move a few things around, and then update classipress when a new version is released. Will update only update the files which you have fixed or will it all be set to default regarding layout and things like that?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Classipress now supports child theme and so upgrading will not affect your modifications.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    wow,, not even really big modifications?

Then I think I better get my hands on that copy I was waiting to get upgraded. ;)

Unregistered
    sorry have to add this too.

Its no special way that modifications must be done to make this work but I can just tweak the files as "usual" with themes, directly from the main files?

Thanks
    Since are no encrypted code with Classipress you can do whatever you want to do with it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Unregistered
    yes I know, but will it still work fine to update (even after big modifications of the theme) when new versions are out.
    Lets say I make a sort by price function and then I update to a version that also have this feature, I guess things would be strange in the system then right?

I just want to know how far this child theme system works.

Thanks
    Yes with child theme you can do how many modifications you want since you can make some php functions separate from the parent theme. And to fully implement the child feature you need to have working knowledge about php, html and css.

For better understanding of the child theme concept, you may check this official wordpress codex here http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Yes with child theme you can do how many modifications you want since you can make some php functions separate from the parent theme. And to fully implement the child feature you need to have working knowledge about php, html and css.

For better understanding of the child theme concept, you may check this official wordpress codex here http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes .
    Thanks alot.
    I have this far been modifying themes from without using child themes but after seeing the concept of child themes this will not be a problem at all, perfect.

Thanks
    That's great and we will be expecting you in the forum then.

Thread Information