Thread: Use possibilities

Unregistered

Use possibilities

Hi,

i need a theme with different Post Types and Custom Fields options.

What i want to achieve is, to make a City Portal with following functions:

1. First at all, i need a business directory with map. For that i choose Vantage!

2. After that i need a Event with calendar, i see that is in Vantage rady!

3. Next thing i want to do, is to have a classified ad option. I want to have a Form to get the classified Info from users, but i want to put the Infos manually in the Costum Post Type, and the Option to "featured" them.

4. I also want to have a Post type for Real Estate(manually) and Car selling(Manually). But in the send form(User Front end) they must be an opportunity to send files as pictures and pdf, with the Info Text.

5. My problem is by setting positions of the different Custom Field elements, to appear as i wish on frontend. So every Custom Post type have his own display order.
    I am familiar with CSS, but a total beginner with php. Is there a value for the diesplay-position in the detail and category page.

6. Also i need to set a display order to the featured posts in Homepage and Category page. Is it possible to set a value, like 1 for display at firt position, 2 for second, etc. ?

7. Also i need to show a Bolgroll at the Homepage

So do i have to know hardcore coding, or can i use it the easy way?

Thanks

Thanks
    In response to your questions:

1. Yes, the large Google map at the top of the page is an optional widget built into the theme
    2. Yes, Vantage has events functionality built in, however there is no calendar
    3. Vantage does not have Classifieds functionality built in, however you could look at something like e.g. ClassiPress + TwinPress child theme bundle with Vantage to create this kind of site.
    4. This is not how the themes work by default in terms of custom post types, so you'd likely need customization on your part to achieve what you describe.
    5. As per answer 4, this is not how custom post types work within the themes. There are already "Ads" or "Listing" custom post types, but not for specific categories.
    6. No, there is no specific setting for this.
    7. Both Vantage and ClassiPress allow a Blog sidebar widget.

AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes if you are looking for help. Thanks.

Unregistered

Thanks

Ok,

thanks very much for the quick reply.

U can close the thread.

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information