Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User front page panel, payment system comission and others questions...

Alex

User front page panel, payment system comission and others questions...

Hello,

I'm very interesting by your classipress plugin and I would like to purchase it but first I have several questions, I hope you could answer me soon :
    - I saw in payment system, we could select to make our user paid once they sold their object (a percentage of the total amount). That's what I need but how does it work? Does it work like below ?
    1- user add his ad for free, 2- another user buy it through paypal payment system, 3- vendor is immediately credited of the amount on his paypal account minus our percentage commision, 4- our paypal account his also immediately credited with our percentage commission
    Please confirm.

- also does the user have a log of the transaction on his account (front office of classipress). If not how does he know his product has been sold?

- can we upload document instead of picture in ad without too much development?

- can we create our own template? Is it done the same way than wordpress template? Easy way?

- Also is it possible to have a login and password in you demo website to check the User panel (user account settings etc...)

Thanks for your fast feedback and clear answer so I could buy your product.

Regards,
    Alexandre

Thanks
    The "% of sellers ad price" pricing option will allow you to charge a percentage of whatever the price is that the listing is for. This is charged prior to the ad being published, not after the item is sold.

Sales of items are not made via ClassiPress, so the customer will know what has been sold based on their own communication with the buyer.

You could allow uploads of other file types with some modification of the code, yes.

I'm not sure what you mean by create your own template? If you're referring to customizing the default template of ClassiPress, then yes it can be done. The best way would be to create a child theme so that upgrading isn't such a hassel.

The user panel is just the standard WordPress user panel. You can view the WordPress admin demo here Admin Username:admin / Admin Password:demo123

Alex
    Hi pepsi,

Thanks for your feedback and your answers.

I'm sorry but I still have some questions because some stuff are not clear from my side.

When you say:
    1- The "% of sellers ad price" pricing option will allow you to charge a percentage of whatever the price is that the listing is for. This is charged prior to the ad being published, not after the item is sold.

=> If I did understand, the user will have to pay for publishing his ad? If yes, it's not the way I would like to make it work. Would it be possible to publish the Ad for free and then take a comission only if the item is sold?
    Indeed the business model is not the same, in my case I need to allow people posting their Ad for free and then only take a percentage comission when the item is sold. Thanks for your confirmation or how I could make this work.

2- Sales of items are not made via ClassiPress, so the customer will know what has been sold based on their own communication with the buyer.

=> Again here, it's not clear for me. Maybe there is a misunderstanding... I can see on your demo website that user can obviously register to sell item. My question is, once some items have been sold, I guess the registered user can see in his user interface admin panel (when he is logged in actually), a page where his transactions are listed, for eg: - item number 1 sold on 01/01/2010 for $25 (including fees = $2.5)

3- I'm not sure what you mean by create your own template? If you're referring to customizing the default template of ClassiPress, then yes it can be done. The best way would be to create a child theme so that upgrading isn't such a hassel.

=> Yes I was talking about Theme and how to make my own. So if I did understand well, I will have to create a child theme, it will be better.

4- The user panel is just the standard WordPress user panel. You can view the WordPress admin demo here Admin Username:admin / Admin Password:demo123

=> Here again, I did not get you. From my side I was talking about the registered user interface. We can login here: Login/Register at ClassiPress Demo
    I tried your login / password but it didn't work here. Do you have another login / pass for this area? I really need to see the user interface features as I don't want to redirect my user to wordpress admin panel but I need to keep it in front with a dedicated admin panel (not the default wordpress user panel).

Thanks again for all the clarifications you could bring to me.

Regards,
    Alex.

Unregistered
    Other questions : I saw you had several kind of classipress like jobroller etc... from my side I need to develop a classified Ad for publishing services only (not products), so I guess the default classipress is what I need, right?

Alex
    Actually, I just saw you have a "Clipper" theme pack coming soon for coupon management.

And I need a classified Ads for selling coupons (From groupon, KGBdeals, LivingSocial...) so I guess it would be the best for me, am I right?

Could you please also tell me when approximatively this will be released?

thanks again and sorry for making multiple messages on this thread.

Alex.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    => If I did understand, the user will have to pay for publishing his ad? If yes, it's not the way I would like to make it work. Would it be possible to publish the Ad for free and then take a comission only if the item is sold?
    Indeed the business model is not the same, in my case I need to allow people posting their Ad for free and then only take a percentage comission when the item is sold. Thanks for your confirmation or how I could make this work.
    What you describe isn't how the theme is set up to work out of the box, so in terms of making this happen, this would definitely require customization on your part. So yes, it could potentially be done, but only through customization of the theme.

=> Again here, it's not clear for me. Maybe there is a misunderstanding... I can see on your demo website that user can obviously register to sell item. My question is, once some items have been sold, I guess the registered user can see in his user interface admin panel (when he is logged in actually), a page where his transactions are listed, for eg: - item number 1 sold on 01/01/2010 for $25 (including fees = $2.5)
    If a customer sells an item, they can use their customer dashboard to mark it as sold, but no such information about how much it is sold for is displayed since that part of the transaction does not take place through ClassiPress.

=> Yes I was talking about Theme and how to make my own. So if I did understand well, I will have to create a child theme, it will be better.
    Yes, it's definitely the best method.

=> Here again, I did not get you. From my side I was talking about the registered user interface. We can login here: Login/Register at ClassiPress Demo
    I tried your login / password but it didn't work here. Do you have another login / pass for this area? I really need to see the user interface features as I don't want to redirect my user to wordpress admin panel but I need to keep it in front with a dedicated admin panel (not the default wordpress user panel)
    Sorry, I see what you mean now... I thought you just meant to see the "Users" section of the WordPress admin. If you want you can register to the ClassiPress demo site and see the customer dashboard from there. ClassiPress customers are not directed to the actual WordPress admin at any point, it's all set up as their own dashboard from the front end.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Other questions : I saw you had several kind of classipress like jobroller etc... from my side I need to develop a classified Ad for publishing services only (not products), so I guess the default classipress is what I need, right?
    Yes, ClassiPress is the product intended for actual Classifieds listings so will suit your needs best.

Thanks
    Actually, I just saw you have a "Clipper" theme pack coming soon for coupon management.

And I need a classified Ads for selling coupons (From groupon, KGBdeals, LivingSocial...) so I guess it would be the best for me, am I right?

Could you please also tell me when approximatively this will be released?

thanks again and sorry for making multiple messages on this thread.

Alex.
    No problem, it's good to ask questions before you buy ;)

Well Clipper is the coupon specific theme so really it comes down to what your requirements are.. if it's a coupon website then that's possibly the one you'll want. We don't have a demo for you to check out yet though so it's up to you if you want to wait for this before making any final decisions.

You can find our estimated product release dates on the releases page.

Alex
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks again for your quick reply.

- 1) What you describe isn't how the theme is set up to work out of the box, so in terms of making this happen, this would definitely require customization on your part. So yes, it could potentially be done, but only through customization of the theme.

=> Ok so if I buy this app, then I could customize it with my developers to make it work the way I need easily?

- 2) If a customer sells an item, they can use their customer dashboard to mark it as sold, but no such information about how much it is sold for is displayed since that part of the transaction does not take place through ClassiPress.

=> Ok thanks I will register to see the User section !

By the way I just saw ythe Clipper's screenshots and finally it's not corresponding to my need. Clipper seems to be a reduction coupons, and from my side I need a classified Ad to allow anybody to post their own deals.

Thanks for your answers,
    Alexandre

Thanks
    Yes, the theme is not encoded so you are free to customize the theme to suit your needs :)

If you do not already have a developer, we have a Certified Partners Page where you can find developers for hire.

Thanks
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks again for your quick reply.

- 1) What you describe isn't how the theme is set up to work out of the box, so in terms of making this happen, this would definitely require customization on your part. So yes, it could potentially be done, but only through customization of the theme.

=> Ok so if I buy this app, then I could customize it with my developers to make it work the way I need easily?

Hi Alex,

I also have enquired about having an option to list ads for free, and have the item purchased through the site with a percentage of the sale price to be charged to the Seller.

As Pepsi has mentioned, it is not currently a feature, however I have found in the last few days trawling through many forums that a lot of other people would like the same function, so hopefully the Apptheme developers notice this!!! :)

In any event, if you find someone to develop this function, could you please let me know via this thread, or email me at nz.jasonr@gmail.com?

If Classipress isn't about to have this function integrated anytime in the near future, I would be prepared to pay for this function, or perhaps share the cost of development with you?

Even if you could tell me how much developers have quoted to you on how much it would be to build, that would be very much appreciated.

I plan to find a developer who might be able to build this function also sometime soon, so if I get any positive news, I will report back here as well.

Thank you,

Jase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information