Thread: User registration demo

Unregistered

User registration demo

Hi,

I can't find any demo on your Vantage demo for user registration.... I like to find out what kind of profile info a user can create and if he can have multiple profile pictures on his profile? I would like to see ways a user can upload his profile photos. Is it compatible with buddypress? Any notes on how we can integrate buddypress into Vantage?

Thanks.

Thanks
    The demo site is already logged in by default, so you cannot preview this process on it, however the theme uses the native WordPress user login functionality (styled to the theme). This means they enter in their username and email address only. The profile pictured is linked to the email address via gravatar.com not uploaded into the theme itself. We do not officially support third party plugins, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee that such plugins will definitely be compatible out of the box. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thanks Pepsi for the reply... But so does that mean that only if user has a profile photo on the email account that she uses to register with my website using Vantage theme will we be able to have a profile photo of her on our website? Sometimes people don't really want to put a photo on their email account, or sometimes they prefer to use another photo, so this can be quite a restriction which may discourage users from using my website.... any plan to make it possible for users to have the ability to upload their profile pics from their front-end dashboard? This step is very common nowadays especially for users who are used to facebook, twitter, etc. It is quite a letdown not to have this function... hope Appthemes can enhance this as I find this essential for certain types of websites like casual community sites

Thanks
    Yes this is how it works, with no plans to change it at this time. Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to make modifications to it if you wish to make it function differently. Thanks.

Thread Information