Thread: User roles and categories

Thanks

User roles and categories

Hi - Classipress has almost everything I need for my parent networking site. I want to use it for announcements about childcare, camps, schools, classified ads, events, etc. I will have about 10 main categories. Some "ads" will be free to post, and some will require payment of a yearly fee, depending on the category. I've tried out the demo admin site and I understand how to do this in Classipress. But I also need to be able to restrict both viewing and posting access to certain categories, based on the user role. Most of the site will *not* be publicly available; people will need to login first, and I'll have 4-5 types of registered users. It isn't obvious to me how I would do this in Classipress without choosing a Visibility setting for each individual ad, and I'll have too many users to do that. Here's an example of what I need:
    * Public = can view ads in categories A & B but can't post ads
    * Subscribers = can login and view all categories; can post ads to categories C & D
    * AdvertiserTypeA = can login and post ads to category A but cannot view other protected areas
    * AdvertiserTypeB = can login and post ads to category B but cannot view other protected areas
    etc.
    I currently have tens of thousands of subscribers and hundreds of advertisers so I need to figure out whether this basic functionality will be possible before I purchase.
    Thanks!
    Ginger

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    No default option on this and may require customization to implement. The themes are not encrypted and so you can customize it according to your needs. You may also post a request on this at the ideas exchange page http://ideas.appthemes.com/forums/84267-classipress.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information