Thread: Using ClassiPress for Articles

Unregistered

Using ClassiPress for Articles

Hi - before i commit to buying Classipress:

I see that one of the showcase sites on the main main website shows a site using Classipress as an articles site -the site is http://photoshophexe.de/

They invite site visitors to upload tutorials using the classified ads form in the usual way i think - but when you click on an article the rest is different as there is no classified poster info e.g. no price and no contact details - no advertiser bio etc or other ads etc on the right column.

i want to ask if there is any information on how they did that as it seems to have a few non-standard elements to it.

i am reasonably knowledgeable re HTML and CSS but wanted to know if there is any documentation about how they achieved this on that website so i could do something similar with Classipress.

Thanks in advance for any feedback to help me make a decision here.

Gail

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    It is a customization and so there are no available information on that except from the site owner. You may take note that official support only covers the default Classipress configuration however there are members on this community/forum that are willing to give a helping hand on any of your customization related questions.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    It is a customization and so there are no available information on that except from the site owner. You may take note that official support only covers the default Classipress configuration however there are members on this community/forum that are willing to give a helping hand on any of your customization related questions.
    Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my question. I had begun to think my question was so difficult i would not get any aanswer at all - so your reply is much appreciated. i also suspected that it would need customisation to achieve this. i will take a look at the customised site code using Firebug to see if i can figure out how they achieved these changes - and then make a decision.

Of course what would be really cool would be if AppThemes brought out an articles theme - like they do on PHPLD who do directory software that can be configured for use as articles as well. However i would much prefer to use AppThemes :)

Thread Information