Thread: Using ClassiPress as a Directory

Unregistered

Using ClassiPress as a Directory

Is anyone using ClassiPress as a simple link directory? That is, the price is suppressed so that it does not display through the administration possible. Is it possible to suppress the slider so that it does not display through the administration panel?

Thanks for the assistance.

Thanks
    Yes, there are definitely customers using the theme as a directory. You can choose not to have the price displayed, and also hide the featured ads via the ClassiPress admin dashboard. Other things such as changing the name of the "Post an ad" button of things like that are minor customizations, but can be done.

Unregistered
    Thanks for your help. Is there a release date for 3.0.5? I noticed that that testing has been complete.

Thanks
    3.0.5 was released yesterday, but the official announcement hasn't gone out yet. So if you purchase the theme now, this would be the available one.. and remember all updates are free so you won't pay any extra when 3.1 and others are released either..

Unregistered
    Thanks for the further information.

Yes, I am ready to purchase. Are customers already deploying and discussin 3.0.5 in the other forums?

Also, is Akismet being to check the classifieds in the latest edition? Any other form?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Yes, there are customers who have installed the latest version and have started discussing it in the forums. Truth be told we are working through some bugs which have been uncovered in the last couple of days, which will be resolved in a fix release we plan to release next week. But many of the threads are also just people wanting to know how to configure some of the new features and navigate the general admin layout.

If you're going to purchase now I would recommend you wait for the fix release before jumping in and start setting up your site. They are not major issues that stop the theme working, but as someone who is using the theme for the first time, it would be better for you not to have to deal with these issues anyway.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about Akismet?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Yes, there are customers who have installed the latest version and have started discussing it in the forums. Truth be told we are working through some bugs which have been uncovered in the last couple of days, which will be resolved in a fix release we plan to release next week. But many of the threads are also just people wanting to know how to configure some of the new features and navigate the general admin layout.

If you're going to purchase now I would recommend you wait for the fix release before jumping in and start setting up your site. They are not major issues that stop the theme working, but as someone who is using the theme for the first time, it would be better for you not to have to deal with these issues anyway.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about Akismet?
    Hi pepsi,

Thanks for the response. I'll wait until next week to purchase.

This is the question I have about Akismet:

In the standard WordPress script comments are checked against the Akismet database since comments are being made by the public. Posts are not checked because they are being made by authorized administrators, contributors, editors, etc.

However, in ClassiPress, anyone can be posting new ads (especially if you allow free posts). Since, I will be using it as a directory, I would like to know whether the posts (i.e. the ads) are also being checked for spam against the Akismet database. If not, is there a hook or plugin that allows for this? Thanks for your assistance.

Thread Information