Thread: Using ClassiPress now and buying Vantage when ready

Unregistered

Using ClassiPress now and buying Vantage when ready

Our plan is to use ClassiPress with some customizations to make more directory-like and then to buy Vantage when it's ready to take advantage of what looks to be a theme specifically for creating a business directory. We will have about 2500 business listings. My question is this: when we want to switch over to Vantage, how much modification will be needed - will it handle posts differently, etc.? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks
    It's difficult to say exactly because the theme of course is still in development. The biggest aspect of changing themes will of course be migrating the listings and the fields contained within. If you have some knowledge of mysql then you could effectively create a custom query and migrate "Ads" to the relevant custom post type that Vantage will likely be using, and accomodate custom fields as well.. I imagine it's the biggest consideration I can think of at this time, and if you're comfortable with that aspect then I think the rest is probably not too bad.

Unregistered

Thanks

Appreciate your insight. Can you give us a tiny hint as to the ready date of Vantage? :)

Thanks
    You're welcome. I wish I did ;)

Any update to this will likely be posted on our Blog and the Theme Release Status Page updated..

Thread Information