Thread: Using Job and Vantage in one unified theme.

Unregistered

Using Job and Vantage in one unified theme.

I am interested in using both the Vantage and Job themes on my site. However, I want the entire site, including the non-app themed pages to all have a common appearance. Does appthemes offer any child themes that work on both Vantage and the Job themes? I understand some of the page layout may be different, but something where the colors, margins, header, footer etc. are the same?

I am also wondering if the code for the Vantage and Job rollers could be implemented into another theme from an outside provider? Ideally, I would purchase a wp theme from another site (there is one I have my eye on) and then use that theme for my Vantage and Job pages and hopefully only have to change the layout to fit. Is this possible?

Thanks

Thanks
    You can certainly use multiple themes on the same website, although each theme would require its own instance of WordPress to run rather than having all themes on a single WordPress installation, e.g. yourdomain.com (your main homepage theme), yourdomain.com/jobs (JobRoller), etc.. The default themes all have differences and there are currently no child themes which give them all the exact same appearance, so you would be looking at customization in order to give them a more uniform appearance. AppThemes are not designed to be integrated into an existing theme in the way plugins are, so again it would require customization on your part if you did want to give them more of a look of another theme. It is certainly possible, and you can see from the AppThemes customer showcase that our themes can be modified quite differently from the default appearance. Thanks.

Thread Information