Thread: v1.2 Major feature release?

Unregistered

v1.2 Major feature release?

Hi there,

Can you tell me what will be in the major feature release (Mar 29, 2013)?

Vantage doesn't quite do what I want it to be able to do, but perhaps this is the new major feature you're about to add...? More details please!

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    I'd also like to know this...

Thanks
    Here are some of the features planned for 1.2

Events

Sortable listings pages
    Multiple listings on a single map
    Large map for home page and listings pages
    Different map pins for events and listings
    Draggable map pins when creating a listing
    Driving instructions
    Contact business owner forms
    Rich snippet microdata for SEO
    New pricing plans that allow multiple categories

Unregistered

City Selector, Home Page Larger Map for City

Hi,

I have seen the demo and also viewed your premium plugins with Vantage Theme (Map and City Filter).

Will these plugins be integrated into new version. GeoPlaces and GeoTheme - which look far more complicated than your theme - but do offer these features within their price (no need to add $29 each for these two plugins).

Will newer version allow listing to be selected with multiple categories and also enhanced payment module to support other payment gateways (and bank transfer / manual payments).

More advertisement space in the sidebar for each category (geoplaces provide 8 banner ads for home / category / listing); and for selected city filter with category - recommended listings in sidebar. These can only enhance revenue potential.

These features are also supported in Geoplaces.

Will newer version be compatible with buddypress?

My apologies for too many questions and i am sure, you must have received many more such queries / feedback.

I look forward to hear from you.

regards

Thanks
    The main changes to the maps has been outlined above, and no immediate plans for changes to the advertising spaces are planned at this time. Yes, we do have plans for multiple category selection to be available in the v1.2 release. Vantage is already compatible with multiple payment gateways available in the AppThemes marketplace, with a bank transfer/manual payments option already available in the existing version of the default theme.

There are no specific changes planned relating to BuddyPress, although the marketplace developer who created the LabZip child theme for ClassiPress had mentioned creating a similar child theme for Vantage to allow compatibility. I will find out if this is still planned for inclusion in the marketplace. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Many thanks for quick note.

One issues, which i raised in my earlier:
    Will these plugins be integrated into new version. GeoPlaces and GeoTheme - which look far more complicated than your theme - but do offer these features within their price (no need to add $29 each for these two plugins).

Compared to other themes, where these are the part of theme itself, at no extra cost. So cost of theme implementation with these features go up.

Unregistered
    While you have no reason to trust me, I have tried to use those themes to try to make a directory site that meets my needs. Vantage is a far more robust and extendable theme.

To be quite blunt, if you can't figure out how to customize any theme to give you more ad space, you don't know enough about WordPress to criticize any theme.

If those other themes work for you out of the box - great. If you need to customize anything, this theme will get you a lot further.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Many thanks for quick note.

One issues, which i raised in my earlier:

Compared to other themes, where these are the part of theme itself, at no extra cost. So cost of theme implementation with these features go up.
    To clarify, the plugins you mentioned are created by marketplace developers, not AppThemes, so we wouldn't integrate those exact products into the theme. If the community feedback was such that certain features were considered to be in high demand by all using the theme, and could be worked in well with the existing features and framework then we may consider adding certain other features already offered as plugins to the theme, however at this time they are not part of the immediate plan. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    While you have no reason to trust me, I have tried to use those themes to try to make a directory site that meets my needs. Vantage is a far more robust and extendable theme.

To be quite blunt, if you can't figure out how to customize any theme to give you more ad space, you don't know enough about WordPress to criticize any theme.

If those other themes work for you out of the box - great. If you need to customize anything, this theme will get you a lot further.
    We appreciate your feedback in terms of someone who has tried the various products mentioned :)

Thread Information