Thread: Valid HTML

Unregistered

Valid HTML

I really like ClassiPress, and it would be a perfect script for me for several of my sites, but there is a problem with the HTML.

Are there any plans on implementing valid HTML/CSS in the near future?

I would gladly pay extra to have it valid HTML

Thanks
    I don't believe there are specific changes for this at present. Is there a specific concern you have about this? Thanks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    I don't believe there are specific changes for this at present. Is there a specific concern you have about this? Thanks.
    Hi again and thx for the reply.

Its important that the HTML is valid for several reasons. Two main reasons
    - First of all, its a huge advantage to make sure its available and easy to navigate in all browsers, across release versions and Operating Systems
    - Google google penalize invalid html - Usually not only/directly because its invalid, but because it invalid HTML very often leads to slow loading sites, and load speed IS something Google take into consideration, when calculating SiteRank

Thanks
    1) The HTML and CSS in our themes all should be valid. There may be minor things here and there that may not pass a W3C validation test but they are minor. For example, iframe code from Twitter or Facebook may create a validity error but we have no way to work around that. We use the code we receive from those services.

Do you have specific examples of code in our product that give you concern?

2) We understand your concern but it's truly undecided whether valid HTML and CSS help with SEO. We appreciate that you may prefer to err on the side of caution. We have thousands of customers that have used our products successfully with SEO in mind. Not only is the code valid but WordPress is great for SEO. Even more, our founder has spent years in the SEO/SEM industry and has applied any principles learned there to our themes.

3) We regularly test in all major browsers on Windows and OSX to assure performance and proper display.

We hope this information helps. Thanks.

We

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    1) The HTML and CSS in our themes all should be valid. There may be minor things here and there that may not pass a W3C validation test but they are minor. For example, iframe code from Twitter or Facebook may create a validity error but we have no way to work around that. We use the code we receive from those services.

Do you have specific examples of code in our product that give you concern?

2) We understand your concern but it's truly undecided whether valid HTML and CSS help with SEO. We appreciate that you may prefer to err on the side of caution. We have thousands of customers that have used our products successfully with SEO in mind. Not only is the code valid but WordPress is great for SEO. Even more, our founder has spent years in the SEO/SEM industry and has applied any principles learned there to our themes.

3) We regularly test in all major browsers on Windows and OSX to assure performance and proper display.

We hope this information helps. Thanks.

We
    Hi again, and thanks for your detailed answers :) I get the feeling you really feel strong for your product you are selling, and that is great to see as a potential customer.

I agree that there is no direct line between valid html and bad rankings, but invalid html sometimes leads to slow loading sites, and that in return is something that is knows to harm the SERP's :)

I saw a few Duplicate ID (CSS) and border="0"

This weekend I will run a few test in VirtualBox this weekend, and get back to you if I find with my findings

Thanks
    Great, thanks for your feedback, we look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to either post here, or you can email us if you prefer. Thanks :)

Thread Information