Thread: Vantage as an Online Listing Business

Poyel

Vantage as an Online Listing Business

Hello Appthemes Experts,

just played around little with your Vantage Online Demo and still have a few questions before purchasing:

- is it possible to create different listing packages, i.e. varying numbers of pics and text fields per listing?
    - can website visitors submit forms to listing owners through the website, so admin can see the ad performance. I.e. if vantage is being used for real estate listings.
    - is there a good affiliate plugin to be integrated with Vantage, i.e. affiliates promote the site's listing packages?
    - possible to integrate a slider with Vantage?

All for now, thank you for your time!

Poyel

Poyel

Vantage versus ClassiPress

Also, for what I am trying to achieve, would there be any advantages of using Vantage over ClassiPress?

Cheers!

Thanks
    At this stage no, not by default, there aren't currently any package options for listings. It's possible this may be introduced in a future release of the theme, however we don't have any confirmed information regarding upcoming features just yet.

AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins, so any recommendations for such would more likely come from community feedback. I haven't personally seen any specific mention of any in the forums just yet though.

In terms of your other questions about specific theme functions, these are also not part of Vantage at present. Our themes are not encrypted, so if you did wish to make modifications to Vantage, it is technically possible to implement features. If you haven't already read it, the Vantage blog post gives a more detailed run down on what the theme does include in its first release.

Essentially, it makes more sense to purchase a theme which was created for the purpose you intend to use it for, because the default features are going to be more specific to your actual requirements. In saying this, if you have the ability to customize the theme yourself, then this may not be so much of an issue for you to use another theme and alter that to suit your needs. ClassiPress is the original theme created by AppThemes and has been around for a number of years, so yes it has more features and functions, however it is designed for Classified ads. If this happens to suit your project more than the Vantage business directory, then yes, it could be a better option.

Thread Information