Thread: Vantage postcode search?

Unregistered

Vantage postcode search?

Hi,

Does vantage have the option to search by postcode? It does not seem to work. Only works with town or city.

Thanks,

Thanks
    Yes, you can search by post code in Vantage, and once the results are available you will also see the "refine search" in the sidebar which allows you to adjust the "distance" for a radius search. The demo site is set up with US locations, so this is not as obvious for testing, but whatever you enter in "near" field, gets geocoded from Google Maps Geocode API. If you have the "Region Biasing" settings configured correctly for you location, then this will work fine. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Yes, you can search by post code in Vantage, and once the results are available you will also see the "refine search" in the sidebar which allows you to adjust the "distance" for a radius search. The demo site is set up with US locations, so this is not as obvious for testing, but whatever you enter in "near" field, gets geocoded from Google Maps Geocode API. If you have the "Region Biasing" settings configured correctly for you location, then this will work fine. Thanks.
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for the reply. When I search by postcode, it says no results found. But when I search by postcode then click 'closest' on the advanced search, it then finds the listing I am looking for. Is there a way of automatically searching for 'closest'? I think customers will search by postcode then leave as it won't find any results. Users won't then search again to find something I do not think.

Thanks,

Thanks
    Just to clarify, are you using the demo site for your testing? Which postcode are you searching for specifically? Thanks.

Unregistered
    We are using the theme on our own server for testing. Version 1.1.1.

THanks,

Thanks
    Please note that we do not have test versions or trial periods for our products, but the current version is 1.1.4 and there have been releases made since the one you are using which have resolved previous issues relating to a post code search. Thanks.

Thread Information