Thread: Vantage Requirements

Unregistered

Vantage Requirements

New to Wordpress and Vantage.

I have an online business directory idea and I'm trying to understand the steps to launch it.

Is this correct?
    1. Sign-up with Wordpress and upgrade to a premium account ($99 yearly).
    2. Buy Vantage theme ($99 one-time fee; upgrade fee applies after 1 year).
    3. Sign up with BlueHost or HostGator to host the website domain.

Thanks!

Thanks
    The steps would be more along the lines of this:

1. Sign up for hosting (NB: by signing up via our website, you could be eligible for a discount off your theme purchase. More information here). It is on your host account that you will install WordPress.
    2. Purchase the relevant theme, in this case, Vantage (If you have signed up for the hosting discount as above, hold off on the purchase until you have applied for the promo coupon).

If it helps, you may also wish to note the documentation we have for installing WordPress and Vantage here so you have an idea of what is involved. In the case of the WordPress installation, if you sign up to a host which has a one-click installation for WordPress, such as BlueHost, it will save yourself some of that process as well. Thanks.

Unregistered

Vantage Requirements

Great. That's very helpful. Thank you!

Next question. Now my dilemma is which Vantage package to buy - Standard or Developer edition?

I plan to hire a developer to customize the Vantage theme. Am I better off / will I save money down the line by going with the Standard or Developer Edition (includes the Photoshop (.psd) design files)?

Thanks
    You're welcome :) As for the license type, it really depends on what you're planning to get the developer to do, if you're looking at getting them to change the whole layout of the theme, then the Photoshop files will save them some time (and presumably if you're paying them by the hour, save you some money in that respect). If you're mostly leaving the look of the theme intact and just adding a few extra functions then you may not use the files.

Ultimately if you purchase the standard license initially, you can always upgrade to the developer license at a later date, just paying the difference between the two, so it's just as easy to do that ;)

Thread Information