Thread: What exactly is it - how does it work - and who can actually post ads?

R Moore

What exactly is it - how does it work - and who can actually post ads?

Greetings,

I have a customer who owns an actual newspaper here in Indianapolis and he is interested in a plugin that allows for displaying the ads that are published in his newspaper online as well.

(I did view the demo and some of the showcase area but I am a bit confused.)

I want to know if the plugin does all or any of the following:

He (well actually I) would want to be the only one who can create the online ads - on the admin side only.

Posts on the WordPress site would be disabled. This site is for viewing and clicking only - not posting.

Clicking an ad would result in opening a new window to the customer's site if one exists.

Ads would, by default be set to expire every two weeks, as this is a bi-weekly newspaper.

A coupon code could be displayed so a customer could reference that for a discount when visiting a site or place of business, like a restaurant.

Categories would be in the side navigation widget area rather than in the main display area.

The ads would be displayed in the main center part of the page, rather than limited to the side menu area.

Ad sizes and placement could be modified based on the cost of the ad - by admin, of course.

Finally, and I did not see this in the admin ad area, it would be logical to be able to simply copy an ad and then re-name it and modify it, to save a LOT of time. If that is not "in there" consider that a feature suggestion.

Thank you for reading.

Ralph Moore
    Indianapolis, IN

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Classipress is wordpress theme and not a plugin and so it will require an instance of wordpress.

Anyway, some of your requirements may need code customization to implement. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself you may contact some of Appthemes certified partners here Certified WordPress Theme Partners | AppThemes .

You can post your feature suggestions at the Ideas exchange page here AppThemes Ideas Exchange .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

Classipress capabilities questions

Thank you for your reply!

(I am sorry I called it a plugin by mistake.)

Would it be possible for you to point out which of the requirements (or desires) that I asked about are already built into Classipress?

And it IS possible that I could modify it, if that is allowed.

Thank you.

Ralph Moore
    Indianapolis, IN

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    You can create a custom form on this through the Classipress admin.
    A coupon code could be displayed so a customer could reference that for a discount when visiting a site or place of business, like a restaurant.
    You can modify and or relist the ad through the poster's dashboard though not in the admin area but it is manageable enough.

Finally, and I did not see this in the admin ad area, it would be logical to be able to simply copy an ad and then re-name it and modify it, to save a LOT of time. If that is not "in there" consider that a feature suggestion.
    Yes you can modify the theme the way you want it as there are no encrypted codes in it. Likewise, it is on GPL license.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information