Thread: What exactly would I need to purchase......

Steven

What exactly would I need to purchase......

in order to produce a website similar to American Horse, Running Horses, or French Classifieds from your showcase? I take it these themes are adaptable to any subject I want. Is that right? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    You need to have wordpress installed on your server first as Appthemes themes are wordpress themes.

Adapting its look to any niche you have in mind is definitely doable but may require some code modification depending upon your site requirements.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Steven

Thank you, but .....

what I want to know is can I build such a site with the Small Business Edition or do I need theProfessional Edition? Also, can I get the scrolling effect with either of these editions?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    The Small Business Edition will do as the Professional Edition is geared more for the site developers. Yes the slider (scrolling effect) is available in both licenses.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

spencer123

what files are in the download package?

Hi, I had this similar question and I saw this topic so after reading the answers I am wondering what files are given after purchasing classipress? Just a template for wordpress in an archive file? How would we go about getting all the widgets and sidebar modules working?

I am a noob at wordpress but I am familiar with joomla and normally once I buy a theme in joomla I still have to install my own modules and place them where I want unless I use the quickstart sample data but I don't think wordpress supports sample data or does it?

Basically can you walk me through the process of getting this thing up and running after it has been bought?

My next concern is the only difference I see between the small business edition and professional edition is the inclusion of PSD files. What is in those PSD files and what will it allow me to change from the site? I'm trying to figure out which version I really need.

If these are already answered in other topics you can link me to them please.

Thank you.

Thanks
    ClassiPress is a WordPress theme, so in order for you to use it you must first have WordPress installed. You can see the first part of the installation process here on the ClassiPress installation instructions page.. From there, you can install additional WordPress plugins to the theme if you wish, however you should note that not all of these will necessarily be compatible with ClassiPress. All the functions you actually need for the theme are included in the theme itself anyway, so plugins for the most part are just optional extras.

All of the theme files (.php, .css etc) are included with the download package. So basically, what you see on the ClassiPress demo, is what you get, with the exception of the categories and ads which have been created for the demo, and the category icons which involved a separate mod which you can do yourself if you wish.

The psd files are useful for web designers who would use them to redesign the layout of the theme. Many people are happy to use the defauly layout available, so it really depends on how much you wish to change it, and if you know how to use the files, as to whether or not they will be useful to you. In any case, you can always purchase the Small Business Edition licence and upgrade at a later time if you find you do need them after all.

spencer123

Thank you for explaining.

Thank you very much for explaining, I understand now. And yes I too fall into the category of people who like the default classipress layout. :D

Thanks
    You're welcome. I like the default layout too ;)

Thread Information