Thread: What license should I buy ?

Unregistered

What license should I buy ?

Hello again,

1) Now that APPTHEMES have passed to GPL license, can you tell me what license should I buy in order to have the possibility to install the ClassiPress theme on various websites and also be able to erase the credit link in the footer ?

2) In case I buy the 3.0.4 version now, how can I manage poeple not to add listings in the main categories ? For example I have the category COMPUTERS with the subcategories BUY and SELL and I only want the users to be able to add their listings in the BUY and SELL subcategories, and not in the COMPUTERS too like it is made now.

3) When version 3.1 will appear, the migration to it would be simple and I won't loose any information submitted until than ?

4) What about the category icons, I have red the tutorial in your blog. Once I add icons to it, in the version 3.1 will they appear also ?

5) In case I change the header of my theme, in version 3.1 will I have to change it all over again ? I think this won't be a problem because I am sure it can be done easily once again.

6) When version 3.1. will appear, it would be nice that the fields we create for the categories, to be listed on the classifed once it is published below the images, and not on the right side of them. This way, text areas with big description won't look bad like they do now in the right side of the image, they would be below the images and upon/below the obligatory description area

7) The drop-and-down window for the selection section is outdated. Would be implemented in version 3.1 something like this or similar ? http://www.markt.de/inserieren.htm

8) Would be nice to have the possibility to add videos from youtube in the 3.1 version

Well, that's about it

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. You may check this link for license description; http://appthemes.com/cp/signup.php?h...r&product_id=4
    2. There is a user shared modification on that using java script.
    3. You won't lose any information as these are saved on the database.
    4. Classipress 3.1 has not yet been officially announced and so we may have to wait for it in the time being but I believe it will be included.
    5. Yes, you may have to do it once again but if you are taking advantage of the child theme feature of Classipress any changes you do at the front end will remain.
    6-7. It seems a like a feature request of which can be done at the Feature Request Section of this forum (For registered users only).
    8. You can already add videos from youtube by enabling html in the classipress settings.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Hello again and thanks for replying so fast.

About the licenses thing, I have red all of them. I am interested in the Small Bussiness or the Profesional one. The only thing I do not know is what is the difference between them. Like I told you, I want to erase the credit link in the footer.

Also red in the blog that you passed to a GPL license.

So, in my case, if I want to use the script on various websites and have the footer credits erased, what will be the best license for me ?

Thanks
    The ClassiPress Features page should give you more of a side by side comparison of the different licences.. With the recent changes to the AppThemes product licencing which you have read about, if your only interest is being able to also remove the footer credit, and you're not interested in the .PSD files, then the Small Business Edition is sufficient for your needs.

Thread Information