Thread: Why would I need the PSD files?

Thanks

Why would I need the PSD files?

Hi folks,

As I understand it, the diff between standard and developer license is that the developer license comes with PSD files? Why would I need these, assuming that the standard edition comes with all the necessary (editable) graphic files?

Tia
    Hamza

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    The PSD files are just template and if you are a web designer who is planning a theme redesign then it might be needed. However, theme redesign can also be done without the psd files depending upon ones expertise on Classipress the structure.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    so when would this be needed? please provide DETAIL. Why would someone pay more for the Developer edition and why do you have it if you can work around it?

Thanks
    The Photoshop files contain details of the theme layout such as colors, sizes (width of all the pages, header bars, sidebars, boxes, etc), for every type of page available, so when a web designer is looking to make changes to to the theme layout, all this information is readily available. Yes, they could potentially collect this information themselves, however it can be time consuming. It's ultimately your decision if you want to purchase the developer edition in order to have access to the Photoshop .psd files, but you can always upgrade from a standard to developer license at a later time if you need to anyway. Thanks.

Thread Information