Thread: Will Classipress meet my needs?

Unregistered

Will Classipress meet my needs?

Hello,
    I am in the process of developing a pet lost and found website for my community, and I am considering purchasing ClassiPress to power my site (I am using WordPress).
    I have already attempted to power the classifieds system using Another Wordpress Classifieds Plugin, but I have been disappointed with its capabilities, even after purchasing a $30 premium add-on for the plugin.

So I have some questions regarding ClassiPress to determine if it will meet my needs.
    1. First of all, (and this is perhaps the most important issue), can custom fields that I create be shown on the "ad listings page" (I don't know what y'all call it in ClassiPress, basically the information that is shown when a user is browsing ads). This is important because when a user creates an ad for a lost pet, the pet's name, species, breed, and gender needs to be highly visible to users. This is a function that is not available with AWPCP.
    I guess, basically, I'm asking how flexible / customizable is the ad display system?

2. How difficult is it to modify the theme? The stock theme of CP is lovely, but I have already spent a great amount of time designing the look of my site, and I want to keep as close to it as possible.

3. Also, I have created a custom sidebar login / registration / lost password form that is located in my sidebar. Would I be able to do the same in ClassiPress? Or am I limited to the form system that comes with the software?

Those are all of my questions for now.
    Thank you,
    Lauren Cooper

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. Yes you can create custom fields of which the value are displayed in the ad listing.

2. Since there are no encrypted codes in the theme you can modify it according to your preference.

3. Classipress has its own login panel and so modifying may require some form of customization.

You may check the front end demo Demo Center | AppThemes and the admin demo Dashboard ? ClassiPress ? WordPress so you can be familiarized on some of its settings.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information