Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Willing to Buy, som Pre Sale Questions?

Thanks

Re: Willing to Buy, som Pre Sale Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    1) Yes. Just follow the current promotion rules and the discount will apply.

2) Yes but you'll need to buy and implement the vBulletin connector bridge. ClassiPress uses the standard WordPress user accounts so it's more of a WordPress to vBulletin question.

3) ClassiPress is a standalone theme and you can only use one theme per site. If you wanted to run classipress along with another theme you will need to have two instances of wordpress running and put classipress in a folder above your root site.

http://www.yourwpremixsite.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <-- your main instance of wordpress running the wpremix theme
    http://www.yourwpremixsite.com/classipress" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <-- another instance of wordpress running classipress
    Hi Thanks very much for your reply.
    In response to your answer number 3, and if i had another theme in the root folder and classipress in its subfolder, would it still be possible to share the same user accounts between these 2 instances of wordpress?

Is there any sample of sites integrating vbulletin with classipress you can show perhaps? :mrgreen:

Thanks again

Thanks

I don't have any sites that I'm aware of with an integrated vBulletin and WordPress. You can search Google and find the bridge/plugin with some samples sites I'd imagine. Here's the actual vBulletin plugin you'd need.

Sharing WordPress accounts across multiple blogs is definitely doable. Just so everyone else knows, here's how you would do it:

1. Make sure you are using WP v2.6 or greater
    2. All WordPress instances must be in the same database
    3. Add custom defines to the wp-config.php of your secondary (child) blog

Let's assume your primary blog was installed with a table prefix of "wp_" and the secondary one with "wp2_". You'll then want to add the following code in wp-config.php of the secondary installation.

Code:
    define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE', 'wp_users');
    define('CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE', 'wp_usermeta');
    Install it right above the following line:
    Code:
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
    Now you are pointing your secondary blog to the primary WordPress user tables.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi david,

I bought hostgator hosting by clicked link provided by you, and sent you the mail, please send the 50% offer coupon to me, i mailed you from saranr.seo(at)gmail.com

hope i get quick reply from you

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information