Thread: wpml and other

Unregistered

wpml and other

Hello,

is this right that WPML is officially not supported?
    What about qtranslate, as I would need to run a multlingual website.

Is it possible to create a directory with several cities and each city with their suburbs?

For legal reasons it would be necessary to add a checkbox to accept TOS on several pages. Is this easy to achieve? And would a childtheme have to be created due to updates?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    Third party plugins are not officially supported, however we have been working with the developers of the WPML plugin in order to allow compatibility with our themes. The first stage of this will occur with the release of ClassiPress v3.3, when we will also releasing a plugin which will be used in conjunction with the theme and the WPML plugin to allow it to work correctly (currently the plugin is not compatible). Compatibility with other themes will follow afterwards. Thanks.

Unregistered

my other questions

Hello,

thanks but my other questions of this thread have not been answered yet (Vantage).

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

is this right that WPML is officially not supported?
    What about qtranslate, as I would need to run a multlingual website.

Is it possible to create a directory with several cities and each city with their suburbs?

For legal reasons it would be necessary to add a checkbox to accept TOS on several pages. Is this easy to achieve? And would a childtheme have to be created due to updates?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    Sorry about that, I got caught up in the WPML question ;)

Vantage isn't multi-region capable by default in that listings are not separated into cities in the way you are likely meaning. All listings go into the one directly, and users simply search by location in order to fine relevant listings in their area. To achieve a separate directory as such for every city, you'd likely need to look at a WordPress multisite setup and some additional customization. If you look at the "Convention Bureaus" site on the AppThemes customer showcase, they have done something like this, allowing users to select from the relevant city from the homepage.

There is no built in feature for a checkbox, so this would require customization of the default theme on your part if you wanted to add this (or possibly a plugin, if there is one for this purpose which is also compatible with the theme). Yes we do recommend the use of a child theme if you are looking to customize the theme so that you don't lose all of the modifications when updating. Thanks.

Thread Information