Thread: WPMU Questions

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

WPMU Questions

I'd like to know more about how ClassiPress works with WPMU:

1) Does every user basically have his own classifieds section to do with as he pleases (as an admin)?

2) Are all classifieds, among all users, together... or separate? Meaning, if user A has users placing ads... will those ads appear alongside the ads placed with user B? If I have an install, will those ads be separate from A and B... and so on? (I hope that makes sense.)

3) Does Classipress for WPMU somehow only effect the users blogs and how they appear among the ads?

Thanks

Re: WPMU Questions

1) its theme based so if you enable the theme for users to use in there blogs, then every user can create there own classifieds blog
    2) Yes, your question is clear to me. No ads will not appear between the blogs. You can however have the "WPMU" main homepage display all the ads depending on what WPMU plugins you are using.
    3) Again, seems like a repeat, but yes, since Classipress is "Wordpress Theme" based, its completely seperate per blog in WPMU.

Quote Originally Posted by bradedwards
    I'd like to know more about how ClassiPress works with WPMU:

1) Does every user basically have his own classifieds section to do with as he pleases (as an admin)?

2) Are all classifieds, among all users, together... or separate? Meaning, if user A has users placing ads... will those ads appear alongside the ads placed with user B? If I have an install, will those ads be separate from A and B... and so on? (I hope that makes sense.)

3) Does Classipress for WPMU somehow only effect the users blogs and how they appear among the ads?
    ~ Seth Carstens, Sethmatics Inc.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Okay, so if I'm hearing you correctly... what you appear to be saying is "this isn't a plugin, it's a theme... and since it is a theme, if you have it enabled for all of your members/users, then they can choose to use it (as a theme) for themselves."

And if I use it on the homepage (our main page) then, what plugins might you be referring to which would show all the ads? I'm just wondering if there is a good way to compile them all into one place, so visitors don't have to dig too hard to find them.

Lastly, will this theme work with BuddyPress?

Thanks

You are hearing me correctly. Honestly I don't remember which plug-ins pulled from sub blogs, but I'm sure I got the plugins by searching wordpress.org/extend for "wmpu". I haven't and don't plan to attempt a WPMU with this theme and simply speak from my experience building http://smwpmu.com. I would also highly suggest you wait for wordpress 3.0 as wordpress MU is going to be fading away and builtin to the new wordpress versions. Beta version of this is already on the market.

Okay, so if I'm hearing you correctly... what you appear to be saying is "this isn't a plugin, it's a theme... and since it is a theme, if you have it enabled for all of your members/users, then they can choose to use it (as a theme) for themselves."

And if I use it on the homepage (our main page) then, what plugins might you be referring to which would show all the ads? I'm just wondering if there is a good way to compile them all into one place, so visitors don't have to dig too hard to find them.
    I highly doubt it, Buddypress likes to break anything thats not super simple.
    Lastly, will this theme work with BuddyPress?
    ~ Seth Carstens, Sethmatics Inc.

Thread Information