Thread: yelp integration? field names/etc

Unregistered

yelp integration? field names/etc

I'd like to build on a business directory themed wordpress site, and looks like Vantage is getting prepped to be an awesome theme... i have a few questions

1) is there any chance for a yelp integration? Since it is more common, a review link to the yelp site or some kind of integration to post to yelp as well using their API might be a good idea. this way, the poster doesn't have to rely heavily on yelp, and by posting on our site, in turn posts the review on yelp as well... or a simple yelp link to the business in a similar way like the facebook/twitter links

2) as i would like to start building my site out now, is it possible to get table structure or field names for vantage theme directory? this way, i can continue on building my site and when vantage is ready and i am ready to implement, i can export my tables or fields and import them into vantage easily without having to require users to post their info again.

3) historically, how long is the coding and testing phase? looks like the original release date has been delayed by a long shot and i understand there is no specific release date, but how long has other themes taken from start to release?

Thanks
    1) I'm not aware of any specific talk of integration of this kind being included, however since the theme is still in development, you still have the opportunity to submit any feature requests in the AppThemes Ideas Exchange if you wish and our development will take these into consideration.

2) It's not really possible since as mentioned, this theme is still in development. Some users have chosen to start with our ClassiPress theme with hopes to upgrade to Vantage later, so this is always a possibility, however you may need some knowledge of mysql if you plan to migrate posts over when the time comes, so that all fields are in the correct place.

3) This is difficult to compare with other themes, because we now have a much larger development team on board, with a stronger commitment to ensure we deliver themes when promised. At this time we don't have a set release date for Vantage, but we expect further announcements on this in the near future, so you may wish to follow the AppThemes blog for more information when it comes to hand.

Thread Information