Thread: Are you able to import data into Classipress?

Unregistered

Are you able to import data into Classipress?

Hi,

I am hoping to convert a custom built Cold Fusion website to Wordpress and looking for a theme that would allow me to display the business directory that I currently have on my website so I was thinking about purchasing Classipress (or Vantage when it comes out). One question I have before I make the purchase is whether there is a way with either of these themes to import the 1,000+ records that I have in my database into Classipress (or Vantage). I'd rather not have to enter the 1,000+ records by hand. :)

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    There is no import facility yet on Classipress but it is possible by importing the source data using PhpMyadmin. The source database still needs to be modified to conform with the Classipress SQL structure.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thank you for the quick response. I've done a lot of research and from what I've seen your Classipress and Vantage themes are one of the better ones, so I'd like to try to figure out the data import using PhpMyadmin. How can I learn more about the Classipress and/or Vantage SQL structure so I can determine if the source database can conform with their respective tables? Is there any documentation that would help me understand your database so I can understand if a data import is doable (before I make a purchase)?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    Since Appthemes could not provide a trial for the theme, you may just check out some Wordpress free theme that uses custom post types and including custom fields and use it as a reference on the database structure.

Classipress uses custom post types for the ads and custom fields for the ad details.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information