Thread: YouTube for fields

Unregistered

YouTube for fields

Hi There,

Is it possible to add extra form fields where clients can add YouTube URL's during the sign up/add listing process and then have the video(s) displayed on their listing page? From what I've read so far it's possible to add YouTube URLs directly into the editor but I would need to have the option of letting users add them during the add listing process and the set how/where they appear with CSS.

I appreciate this is likely to require some customization and the use of a child theme unless it can be done with the form builder. I'm reasonably confident with customization as I've just completed a custom design for a client using your JobRoller theme. However i wanted to check first to see whats involved before I commit myself.

Any info or links to help on this would be great.

Many thanks

Mark

Thanks
    Hi Mark, whilst you can certainly create a field in the custom form builder allowing for the link of a YouTube video to be added, this won't display as an embedded video unless it is placed in the actual description field. So yes this would require customization of the default theme in order to allow more flexibility as to where it appears in the listing. Unfortunately there aren't really any specific tutorials available for changes such as this, and our developer centre offers more general information about making modifications. The available tutorials for Vantage can be found here. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Hi Mark, whilst you can certainly create a field in the custom form builder allowing for the link of a YouTube video to be added, this won't display as an embedded video unless it is placed in the actual description field. So yes this would require customization of the default theme in order to allow more flexibility as to where it appears in the listing. Unfortunately there aren't really any specific tutorials available for changes such as this, and our developer centre offers more general information about making modifications. The available tutorials for Vantage can be found here. Thanks.
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I guessed that would be the case so thank you for the links. I'll take a look at those later.

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information