Thread: Zone map

Unregistered

Zone map

Hello,
    I'm serious on purchasing Vantage in next days. Before I need to know if the theme will do this:
    "An user is in the center of London (for example) with his iPad or smartphone, and when he enters in my restaurants listing home page (which is using Vantage) can be shown automatically a local area map? (let's say 1 km around the user's physical position given by the device's GPS) with the 10 or 15 nearest restaurants? Under the map would be the restaurant listing for the markers in the map ordered by distance (from user), but first the featured ones for the zone or for the whole London.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Vantage will not automatically detect their location, but if they enter in a location they will see results for that location as well as a "Refine Search" option in the sidebar as shown on the Vantage demo site, where they can adjust the radius. Outside of this, if you're looking for an actual map to show business locations, there is a plugin in the AppThemes marketplace called mapsupreme which offers this for Vantage. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi,
    I thought version 1.2 was going to provide an actual map to show business locations ?
    These features described for 1.2....

*Multiple listings on a single map
    *Large map for home page and listings pages

Chris

Thanks
    Hi Chris, yes these are included as features for v1.2 of Vantage, however that version is still in beta so I wouldn't want to claim these as features that are available right now in the current stable release ;)

Unregistered
    right ok <phew> thanks.

Thanks
    When Vantage v1.2 is released then the demo site will be updated and you'll be able to check it out before purchase too :)

Jason B.

Re: Vantage 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    When Vantage v1.2 is released then the demo site will be updated and you'll be able to check it out before purchase too :)

So what is the latest/greatest info regarding a release date for Vantage 1.2 version? Has it already been released to current customers for beta testing? If so, when was it released for beta? And I believe you have said in the past it is typically 4 weeks or so in beta (assuming no major issues found, etc.). Is that correct?

I'm just trying to back into a reasonably expected release date for the 1.2 version. I'm trying to decide whether to purchase now and get started configuring, learning the setup, etc. or wait until new version releases. I don't want to waste time with old version if new version is 1-2 weeks away, but if more like 3-4 weeks or more, then I probably will buy old version and at least get started.

Thanks for any info. (and I promise I won't hold you to any specific date). Just trying to get a sense if we're 1-2 weeks away, 3-4 weeks away, or more.

Regards,
    Jason

Thanks
    Vantage 1.2 beta was released last week. Full release is expected within a week or two.

Jason B.

Re: Vantage 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Vantage 1.2 beta was released last week. Full release is expected within a week or two.
    OK, thanks for update!

Thread Information