Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By bleem
  • 1 Post By dalemiles
  • 1 Post By dalemiles

Thread: 4 years and still waiting. I think's it's about time this was sorted out.

Thanks

4 years and still waiting. I think's it's about time this was sorted out.

Okay.

All I want along with every member of this forum who uses classipress and possibly vantage is a decent membership system.

You know - One where you can offer a bronze/silver/gold membership option (keeping it simple here guys) with the option to have x amount of ads per membership - no adverts - ads in sliders bump ad options etc. All the options most if not all other classified sites have, to basically make it worthwhile having a membership site!

All the useless little plugins that don't really offer anything of interest to a paying user are in my opinion a waste of time and energy. So why are ypou bothering building them? Quick buck here and there?

Why not just make a fully featured plugin that everyone that uses classipress will buy?
    I take a look in the market place every now and gain and to be honest it's absolutely full of ****e (wouldn't buy that if it was free) plugins.
    Limited use plugins. That offer nothing of real interest to site admins or users.

Don't get me wrong - there are a few gems in there but I can count on one hand the ones that are any good.

Namely by two or three developers - one who is active on here a lot and the other who appears to have taken a bit of a sabbatical.

So - if you call yourself a developer and want to make some proper cash - start thinking about what I've posted above.

To start you and your developer ball rolling - just an idea mind. Don't link it to anything that classipress has by way of membership and ad packs. Rebuild it all in a one off plugin. Hell - even incorporate a custom payment module to keep everything free from the rubbish we have now.

But just as important as bypassing all the antiquated mess we have now - it does need to hook into the theme.

In a nutshell - what we have now is crap - It needs rebuilding.

Ps - If dalemiles reads this - pm me. I want to speak with you about this and maybe getting your developer on board who appears to know their way around classipress from the posts I've been reading of yours. Or anyone else that may be interested in a 'group buy/hire a developer' project to get built what needs building.

Maybe if we got enough support - we could create a syndicate to build our own classipress theme. Hahaha - one can dream I guess.

Adiós.
    graemej and petfive like this.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    bleem likes this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dalemiles For This Useful Post:

bleem (May 11th, 2016)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    helmuc likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dalemiles For This Useful Post:

bleem (May 11th, 2016)

Thread Information