Thread: Can't find where to change setting to allow Users to have a capital in their name

Thanks

Can't find where to change setting to allow Users to have a capital in their name

I have been setting up Classipress for the last week and in testing I am seeing that any Users can not use anything but lowercase in their user name.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    If a user upon registering capitalizes the first letter of their name, then it should be displayed as such site wide...I've tested this and can't replicate the issue. Are you using a child theme? Have you tried testing this with all plugins having been deactivated?

Thanks
    It is actually feeding from my membership pack sign up. Step one is working fine, but it is not going to step two (tested on several computers) it is going to my network login page. I know it is something subtle. I will go search the treads but if you know off the top of your head I appreciate it.

Thanks
    I disabled everything and still the same problem, I am on a networked system using both classi-press and vantage. The dashboard looks like it will allow you to change the name that is publically seen but then the dropdown only provides the non-cap name. I went into the main dashboard and tried it there and it works. I need to have this up and running asap

Thanks
    When you say a "networked system", are you meaning that your site is set up as a MultiSite?

Thanks
    Correct - a wp multi-site. I am a noob to login systems so can not trouble shoot this myself. It looks like the login is running through the WP dashboard and each person signing up becomes an author contributor... is the way it should be? Or does classipress have it's own internal login.

Thanks
    User role should be set to contributor..but I'm not sure if this setting applies to MultiSite. Wordpress has a vast wealth of information, perhaps this will help http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network as this sounds more like a Wordpress issue, I'm going to move your thread to Wordpress General Discussion where you can better to find help with this.

Thread Information