Thread: UKDirectHomes.com

Thanks

UKDirectHomes.com

We would be pleased to receive any feedback with regards to our site We simply let homes & Landlord Marketing Services |UKDirectHomes

This is our new take on the UK Real Estate Market.

UKDirectHomes.com offers a real alternative to traditional lettings agents, enabling private landlords to self-manage their property portfolios using our affordable range of fixed-price marketing and management services. We've taken the best of traditional estate agency and made it better and cheaper.

Feel free to convey any comments, positive or negative....Every little things help.

With Thanks

Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 3,266 Posts
    I just find the footer consuming too much space. Reducing it might make it more balanced, IMO. However, if it works just fine with your visitors then it has served its purpose well and any other opinion does not matter anymore.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    I agree that the footer is a little too busy but overall I think you've done a fantastic job! I'm working on a couple of real estate related site in the states so I have a couple of questions. What plugins that didn't come with Classipress did you you to achieve this site. What service are you using to tie your ads into the 100 newspapers?

Thanks
    I really like the map search you put on the website!!! Is this a plugin, or do you really have to put everything manually on it??

Thanks
    the map search is really useful. but I got a question ! the Gmaps uses my host traffic ? is it a considerable amount ?

Thanx my friend

Break a leg !

Thanks
    Thank you for the feedback on We simply let homes & Landlord Marketing Services |UKDirectHomes

To answer some questions:

1- Maps - I use the Geo Mashup Plugin.
    2-Host traffic: I have not noticed any performance issue linked to the Gmaps but I have just upgraded the server memory.. We were finding that when over 50 people were on the site and uploading images, performance was poor..
    3- What service are you using to tie your ads into the 100 newspapers? It is a service provided by one of the site we uploads some of our properties to.

Chris

Thanks
    Im with Jomark on the footer, only other thing is i would make more use of the customfields, number of beds, ensuites, swimming pool, car parking etc on the single page ad, thats just me speaking what i would be doing, i know a guy who works in property sales and lettings and his opinion is vastly different to mine, he likes people to contact him for the extra info so he can nail their feet to the floor...
    My Classipress Suggestion: http://ideas.appthemes.com/forums/84...ents?ref=title vote if you like!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo View Post
    Im with Jomark on the footer, only other thing is i would make more use of the customfields, number of beds, ensuites, swimming pool, car parking etc on the single page ad, thats just me speaking what i would be doing, i know a guy who works in property sales and lettings and his opinion is vastly different to mine, he likes people to contact him for the extra info so he can nail their feet to the floor...
    Thanks Hugo....I smiled when I read your thread.. but yes I would agree with your friend.

Thanks
    Other question on the map thing...
    I just installed the plugin and see that on the bottom of every ad (when I edit it) I can put an address... Did you manage to fill this with the CP data that the user submits? Or do you open every post to put it on the map?

Thanks
    Yes that is a problen for the time being...it is a manual process. We are working on a piece of code to do it automatically via a night cron job.

Thread Information