Thread: [CLASSIPRESS] Account Registration & Censoring Some Fields in Ads

Joseph

[CLASSIPRESS] Account Registration & Censoring Some Fields in Ads

Hello:

I went to a couple of sites using the Classipress. At one I registered to post an ad and it asked for an email, but did not require me to validate the email. Is there a way to require new members seeking to post ads to validate their email account they used to sign up?

When an ad is placed, I would like to obscure information in an ad from public viewers/those not logged in. These items include phone numbers, email addresses, websites, etc. Is there a way to prevent public visitors from seeing certain information fields in these ads?

One final question. In the showcase you profile a company by the name of AZLogistics. On the homepage they have a large "navigation menu" above the fold that allows people to click on a button and take them to an advanced search field. Is that a standard feature in this theme or an alteration they did on their own?

Thank you

Thanks
    In the ClassiPress admin dashboard you can select that the user is emailed a password rather than selecting their own at registration. There is no built in functionality which hides the fields as you describe, so this would require customization of the default theme on your part if you did wish to do this.

If you are referring to this site, the theme being used is not ClassiPress, it is our Vantage business directory theme. The navigation added under the main search bar was added through customization. Thanks.

Joseph

Thank you.

Thank you for providing answers to my questions. I appreciate it.

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information