Thread: Can Country, State, and Cities be added?

Unregistered

Can Country, State, and Cities be added?

I would like to know if the plugin will support having Countries, States, and Cities. I would like to create all 50 states for the US and then cities within each state. Each of these would have their own categories and sub-categories (which would be the same for all cities). The contents for each city would only be the contents posted for that city and state.

Thanks
    To clarify, ClassiPress is a theme, not a plugin. There is currently no multi regional functionality built into the theme which would separate listings in the way you describe, so if you were looking to achieve something similar you would likely need to look at multiple instances on a WordPress multisite setup with some additional customization. Thanks.

Joseph
    I have very little knowledge of coding/building websites, but I must say that this is very disappointing. I too would love to have the ability to create multiple cities within states all with the same categories so as to create a hyper local experience.

Do you foresee classi ever having this capability?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I have very little knowledge of coding/building websites, but I must say that this is very disappointing. I too would love to have the ability to create multiple cities within states all with the same categories so as to create a hyper local experience.

Do you foresee classi ever having this capability?
    +1.

I'm also looking for this feature heavily and waiting since long.

Unregistered

I am looking for multi region option

Hi
    I would like to purchase classipress immediately if this supports multi region selection and search.

Thanks
    This is certainly a popular feature request, however it is fairly complex to implement it into the theme and therefore we don't have immediate plans or an indication of when/if this may occur. In the meantime, we can only suggest what was mentioned above in terms of a WordPress Multisite setup. Thanks.

Joseph
    Pepsi:

Thank you for providing a bit more clarity.

I have read the link you provided, but please understand that I am a neophyte when it comes to all of this. While I vaguely understood the content of that page, I failed to understand how a site would look or feel with a multisite configuration.

It talked about subfolders or using domain extensions, etc.

Can you run it by me in layman's terms or perhaps direct me to a client site or some other site that is using a multisite setup so that I can better understand the look and feel?

Thanks
    No problem :)

Unfortunately I haven't got an example of a ClassiPress site to show you (even though I know a number of our customers have done this), but there is one in our customer showcase using our Vantage theme which is essentially set up as described with subdirectories for the various locations here. Additional customization has been done on with this site as well, but it should give you an idea of how you can do this for ClassiPress. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Thread Information