Thread: PayPal "sandbox" mode works fine, switch to "live" produces error

Thanks

PayPal "sandbox" mode works fine, switch to "live" produces error

Dear support,

I recently set up a Jobroller-themed website, with (3) job packs to start out. I set up a "PayPal Sandbox" to test order processing, and it works 100% smoothly. Orders are placed, paid for, email responses are delivered, and most importantly job orders are fulfilled and marked as "complete" and are listed accordingly in the Jobroller "Orders" tab. Even the multi-job pack properly gets assigned to the user with remaining "credits" for use. No problems occur in PayPal sandbox mode.

As soon as I switch to the "live" mode (by replacing the PayPal "sandbox" email address with my "real" PayPal Email address, and changing sandbox mode to "No") the order process fails. The job order is placed, and payment comes through PayPal, but I no longer receive the valid IPN message that I got in "sandbox" mode. Further, the job "Order" cannot be marked as paid, as this attempt returns an "Error: Invalid User Pack" response. This means that all of my job listings require manual "publishing" by an administrator, and the orders cannot be moved out of the "Pending" folder because they cannot be marked as paid. I'm unsure what to try to fix this, since everything works properly in sandbox mode.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer with this issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks

Thread Information