Thread: User registration

Thanks

User registration

Hi again,

I'll post this in here because I know you like seeing new ideas and problematic scenarios.

I'll give a brief description of how I want users to join/register on my site and what I need to happen.

1 - User comes to site and thinks - ''Hey, I'll post an ad, this site looks like its pretty cool''

2 - If they select the post an ad button they get redirected to the Login page. Ideally this should be a page with both Login and Registration forms. If they are a member they just use the login form and if not, they use registration form. (How can I make one page with both forms without conflicts - ie. warning messages showing on both forms if either form is filled in incorrectly?) Help appreciated on getting this to work because I have tried and failed. I can't get it styled to show correctly

3 - On the registration page I need all the fields you would expect to see on a profile form. This is so that once they register - they don't have to fill in any more details. Every detail is captured which would then sync with the profile. (Kill two birds with one stone so to speak)

4 - Once this has been completed I would like an email to be sent to the user asking them to verify and validate their email address like most sites do. Once they have validated their details, they can then log in.

5 - Once logged in they proceed to post an ad. On the ad form I need the Country/Region/City/Zipcode fields inheriting from the registration details/profile details. (This would then mean that 3 birds have been killed with one stone.)

So:

2 - I need help with please
    3 - Can be done using acfcp - no help needed
    4 - I need help with please
    5 - Can be done using acfcp - no help needed

Regards

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    arthemes.org - AppThemes plugins, tutorials, modifications and services

Thread Information