Thread: Features I want to see in Classipress

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Features I want to see in Classipress

Here are some Classipress features I want to see in future versions. Hope you can give us an idea if these are workable and if yes if they can be incorporated soon.

1. One-click renewal of ads. I read that the user dashboard will be implemented soon. I think it'd be better if the dashboard will also show when an ad is expiring (e.g., This ad expires on MM-DD-YYYY). If an ad has already expired, there should be a "Renew this ad" link so that users won't have to retype their ad once more if they want to repost it. I know that admins can renew an ad but it'll be troublesome if there are thousands of ads to be renewed.

2. Featured listing on search. I read that the "featured ads" will also be in the next version. What does this mean? Will the ads title be in bold or in colored font? Or will the ad have a colored background? I also expect the featured ad to stand out when it appears as a search result after being searched, that is having either bold title or some border around the ad search result.

3. Email notification. I suggest users get notified via email if their ad is expiring soon. Something like "Hi! This is an email from xxx.com. The ad you posted will expire in 5 days. Make sure you login within 5 days to renew the ad, otherwise, it will be deleted. Click here to login."

4. Profile page for registered members. Just a simple page for registered members where they can tell something about themselves. It should also show the contact info of the user, assuming they want to show it (email add, phone numbers, YIM, AIM, Skype. etc). Better also to show a listing of the user's active posted ads.

5. Database integration with phpbb forum. Aside from the classified ads blog, I want to have a phpbb forum. How can the database of the phpbb forum share the WP-Classifieds database so that if a user is already logged in Wordpress, he can also post without having to log in again in the phpbb forum?

Thanks!

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Features I want to see in Classipress

I believe number 5 is already available and is (regardless) independent of the wp theme. But, I believe it would make more sense to integrate BBpress instead since it is from the creators of wp. A quick search on google brought me here:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbp ... tegration/ -- a nice plugin to do exactly what you require.

Rich

Thanks

Thanks for the nice list.

1. This won't be available in the next release but I plan to have it added at some point.
    2. Yes, this will be coming out this month. You can charge an extra $ to be featured which means listed at the top of the homepage and category page & a light yellow background.
    3. This ties into #1. Basically an ads expiration module needs to be built.
    4. This is included in the next release as well.
    5. Answered already by secretstache for bbPress. I'm not sure of any plugin or bridge that would connect phpBB and WordPress. If so, I'd like to use it for my site too.

Thanks

You should check out this link to read more about v2.9.

http://wpclassipress.com/version-29-status-update/

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Great! You're all doing an amazing job improving the next versions. Congrats!

Just a few more questions and clarifications.

1. The navigation menu (Home, About Us, Contact Us, etc.) will now be on top of every page, right? (Including the ad page itself and the User Dashboard). I think having it here will make it for easier navigation.

2. "Google maps so ads will show map of item location" --> Can this be turned off or at least be activated for a certain ad category only? I'm thinking this is good for the "Real Estate" ads but not much help for an "Advertise your website here" ads.

3. I noticed in the Edit User Profile page that a registered user will have a fixed username but can create and choose from several display names? What's the idea behind this? I am for having one fixed username only so it won't create confusion among our users. Having different display names may also be a way for a scammer to dupe people.

4. On the right side of an ad, there's the User Contact Info (which as I suggested before, I hope would be automatically created once a user has filled up his Profile). Is it possible to include a link "View all ads by this user" which would show all active ads posted by the user?

5. Lastly, can you show us a screenshot of how the "Featured Ads" will look like? Also a screenshot of the User Profile page (what you showed us was the Edit User Profile page but not the actual Profile page visible to other users.

Thanks! Looking forward to the May 24th release of Ver 2.9! (Or should it be a 3.x release now since there are a lot of major changes?)

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback hewitt. Wait until v2.9 comes out and then I'll start taking new feature requests. You're jumping the gun just a bit.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Haha ok. I'm just excited about the latest release so I can start launching my ads site. V 2.9 will be out today, right?

Thanks

Hi,
    becuase my request it's similar to one listed here... I append mine:

Email Notification of approval
    It would be nice to have the system send out an email to the user as soon as the ad is approved.

Thanks
    Valerio
    ---------
    Managing MailingLists and NewsLetters with FollowUps..?
    Try http://www.YellowCurl.com

Thread Information