Thread: 2 Features I really, really need in order to use Classipress

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

2 Features I really, really need in order to use Classipress

Love the new Classipress, but I am stuck on 2 issues that are keeping me from using it:

1) The main item on my site is Horses For Sale. Most of my users search on the "function" of the horse, such as english, western, jumping, driving, etc. I have a main category of Horses For Sale, and then subcategories for all these different "functions". My problem is that I have no way of allowing advertisers to choose more than one subcategory for their horse, as most horses are marketable in more than one category.

Example, Horse X should appear in the categories Hunter, Jumper, and Dressage

I really don't even need them to be able to select the categories themselves if I could create a custom field that allowed them to make multiple selections (multi-select dropdown, check boxes, etc.) and then I could manually select the real categories when I approve the ad.

2) Ad Packs - I would like to offer free ads with 1 image, and paid ads with 5 images....so far I haven't been able to figure out how to change the # of images in ad packs.

If anyone can help with these 2 issues I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: 2 Features I really, really need in order to use Classipress

Ad image ammount is set as a global number for all ads created but having said that, for number 2 what I would do is
    1.change the max images to 5 in the settings panel in the dashboard
    2. make a copy of the step-functions.php (just to back it up)
    3. Open the step-functions.php and look through the pricing around line 382 youll see how the cost is determined - the line could be different depending how you setup your ad pricing structure
    4. make a variable that contains the price information of the selected ad before featured cost is calculated
    5. look for cp_image_input_fields function - thats what tells how many fields to put on the page for images
    6. Change that function to use an if clause - so if pricing ==0 then for($i=0; $i < 3;$i++) {

then rest of function

then add an else clause
    for($i=0; $i < get_option('cp_num_images');$i++) {

So basically if its a price of 0 (or whatever you consider free then only show 3 images - otherwise allow the value set in the settings panel of classipress

Thread Information