Thread: To the Admins:

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

To the Admins:

This is a note to the admins;

I think you need to relax with this post deleting and locking of threads.

These forums are here for the users of Classipress, people who paid money. So when we voice our opinions or requests they need to be heard and not deleted.

My post to David asking what his time line is like for adding features was deleted. WHY? What was so offensive about that it warranted deletion?

Please clarify your policies so we can all decide whether we should continue supporting the developer and these forums.

jake

Thanks

Re: To the Admins:

From what I can see, your thread wasn't deleted..it was merged with another thread, and the mod even commented on this in the thread itself: http://wpclassipress.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=18&t=2545.

Personally I believe it would be a mistake to even get into the subject of giving time lines here (unless it relates to a fix for major issues). We all know what happened when time lines were discussed with the release of 3.0..people clung onto the dates and as time passed people became more and more angry that the dates were not met.

Obviously David is happy for people to submit feature requests which is why the thread was created in the first place. This doesn't mean that it will definitely be implemented in the next release, or any future releases for that matter. If it isn't feasible then hopefully he will give feedback on why it may not work.

I think we should all appreciate how hard he has worked to get 3.0 out (and now 3.0.1), and that it is better to get all the bugs sorted out before looking at additional features for a yet-undetermined-time-frame future version.

The reason why threads are being locked is to avoid micro-threads happening..which is when the original topic is resolved, and someone new comes along and asks a different question in the same thread. This makes it really hard to keep up with the multitude of posts we are already trying to sort through and resolve. I think you can see that the threads are only locked once the original topic is resolved.

I hope this clarifies things for you. We're not trying to prevent people having their say, we're trying to make the workload more manageable.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

In a software life cycle it is expected to have a time line and/or a product road map, so I'm a bit puzzled at your response saying that it is too premature to ask for a feature time line unless the developer will be sitting on his laurels and no longer plans on developing new functionality.

We know Classipress is not a "one off" type of software so it must have a road map and a time line. Even one-offs have time lines.

jake

Thanks

Let's be realistic here, the developer has just spent months and months getting 3.0 implemented, and you already know 3.0.1 was only just released this week. Don't jump to conclusions about it not being developed. I just personally don't think it's reasonable to expect him to have already set a road map right at this very minute. Geez, give the guy a break.

Thread Information