Thread: Award "points" for referring new ads

Thanks

Award "points" for referring new ads

One of my MAJOR feature requests has been to incorporate an affiliate program into WPC so that people can refer others who post ads and earn a commission for each one.

However, I know that hasn't been strongly considered, probably due to the complexity of incorporating that into the purchase system.

But....is there a way to, in the meantime, figure out a way to award "points" for referrals? So if someone refers a customer who places an ad and WPC recognizes it as a valid, approved ad, a point is given to whomever (registered user) referred that ad? Then, the points can accrue in the user profile and then could be cashed in for free ads or something?

I know this is almost as complicated as the affiliate program part, but it takes some of the work out of programming the calculation of the commission etc....just a point for an ad.

It would seem that incentivizing the ads and their purchase or placement whether by a standard affiliate program or points program could be helpful to just about anyone trying to generate traffic to their sites right?

Thanks

Re: Award "points" for referring new ads

I would be interested in something like this as well.
    ~Ramsey

Thanks

Re: Award "points" for referring new ads

Here is a link to some of the better affiliate management software available.

http://www.givemeareview.com/affiliate- ... views.html

Most of these software programs can be integrated into most website.

I have not personally tried this with CP, I am currently looking into licensing a third party software for a percentage of the sales.
    Always treat everyone with respect and courtesy, but trust no one.

Thread Information