Thread: ClassiPress 3.1 release delay: notification request

Thanks

ClassiPress 3.1 release delay: notification request

Hi David, this is not so much a Classipress feature request but rather a general request. As you mentioned yesterday (http://appthemes.com/blog/classipres.../#comment-2096) it appears that ClassiPress 3.1 will be delayed by 1~2 weeks. Understandably these things happen with software development and everyone expects it. That said, we have been told for quite some time via the blog, forums (even this week by moderators) that version 3.1 will be released on 10/8.

If your development team knows in advance that you will not be able to commit to an announced release date, for whatever reason (illness, technical or resource issues, etc) I think you have a responsibility to notify your customers as early as possible. Many of us have commitments to customers and plan our schedules around your announced release dates. I, for example, have only 1 week off of work a year and scheduled it for next week so I could focus on developing my a site using the much anticipated new release. If I had known last week, I could have pushed it back another couple of weeks but oh well.

So I ask again that you please notify your customers once your development team realizes they cannot meet a previously announce release date. Notifying us 3~4 days before the announced release date is somewhat frustrating. It may be good to open the communication channels more with your forum moderators so they are also aware and can inform requesting users.

Anyway, I hope you take this comment/request in a positive light and seek to improve communication with us all. Thank you and keep up the great work you guys are doing!

Thanks
    I am chomping at the bit here in Texas to use the new 3.1 on a site I am developing, whats the word?

Thanks
    Thanks for your feedback, I agree wholeheartedly bellboy and rest assured this is a hot topic for us as a team behind the scenes as well. When all the new themes and releases are out I hope to be able to announce a bit more about how we are going to improve on this kind of thing..

Thanks
    AppThemes has now posted up a "releases" page which will allow all existing and potential customers to see progress of upcoming new themes and updates.. We hope this will give everyone a better idea of when they are expected and how far in each project is.. http://appthemes.com/releases/

Thread Information