Thread: Commercial Directory

Thanks

Commercial Directory

I am very interested in the idea of your commercial directory project but I need to know if it is worth waiting for. My idea is to permit businesses to have what I call a free basic listing. That way I can populate the directory and provide the public with a useful service. The basic listing is just that, basic contact information (name, address, tel, fax, email). No website link, no logo, no photos, no descriptive text. To include all the extras the customer must upgrade to a paid full listing, then he can add almost anything he wants in the way of links, text, images etc.

Will the projected software allow me to do this? Any idea when it is likely to be published?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have separate forum sections for requested features for Job Roller and Commercial Directory?

Thanks for any info.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    There's not much info yet of the upcoming themes except for the Job Roller of which you can see here http://appthemes.com/blog/jobroller-theme-sneek-peek/ . Perhaps the developers are just too busy prepping up for the scheduled release.

Definitely a separate forum/threads will be made once these themes are released to the public.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    It would make sense to start the new forum/threads well before publication of the themes so that the developers can get feedback during the design/construction phase. This could save valuable time and make sure that important features are not overlooked. It would also get the community involved which makes for good PR. Just my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    I guess the developer is just taking a different approach to theme/software development. Release it first then allow feedback for features to be included on succeeding version so as not to hamper the development timetable. Anyway, this just my observation and not of the developers.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Personally I think it's a huge mistake not to get client feedback BEFORE publishing a new software and ESPECIALLY if the deleopers are not using the software themselves to make a living. I think one of classipress's big drawbacks is the inclusion of a number of features which are not necessary and which many people are trying to REMOVE, coupled with the non-inclusion of essential features which people are now trying to INCLUDE through the use of hacks. I am bugging Pepsi about the feature tracking system to see whether us mere mortals can't parti****te - as observers if nothing else. In an ideal world this system could be used by developers and users alike to propose, discuss and decide on the future of all important feature changes. It could also help customers with their business plan by providing (reasonably) reliable publication dates for the features. You have no idea how much this would affect my confidence in the product.

Thread Information