Thread: Custom field types - multiselect and radio output styling?

Thanks

Question Custom field types - multiselect and radio output styling?

As we know radio and checkbox options are coming to Classipress as of 3.05. I am curious as to how the output will be displayed.

Which of the below will it be like by default and can we re-style it either way without much trouble?:

1)

2)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    No official word on that feature yet but I think they would still be using arrays for the details display.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Well I can update you on this... since 3.0.5 has arrived.

http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=radio

Thanks
    Well that is distressing. I hope that they work these bugs out soon. Btw, I don't see the images you were referring to in your other post. Did you forget to attach them to your post?

I hope that these fixing bugs do not push the release of 3.1 beyond the end of next month as I am way beyond my planned schedule for two sites.
    Last edited by bellboy; November 18th, 2010 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    I think the link he is referring to has something to do with a bug in the form preview but it works just fine in the live form.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Checkbox

I modded Classipress 3.0.4 a few months ago to create that output as shown in the image. I will comment about that in a moment.

I have just installed 3.0.5.1 in the past hour and I want to say THANK YOU for a job well done. You responded to the requests (mine included) for checkboxes and radio buttons!

And the UPDATE script for converting the old database to the new with Ad types, etc, worked perfectly the first time! Wahoo!

And I noticed that it even converted my previous custom checkboxes that I had created with my checkbox 3.0.4 mod! WOW!

However, there are a couple of things now in 3.0.5 that could use some more jigger jigger.

1. as most people know now the Checkbox values show up as a Dropdown list in the Custom Forms editor

2. when an Ad poster goes to Edit their Ad in their own editor they find the checkboxes in a sloppy display AND their existing choices (checked values) are not visually displayed.

3. there is no option to show the checkboxes as separate Lists such as the image included in this Thread from my 3.0.4 mod. I also made a mod that enabled the separate checkbox values to show up in the right sidebar as an unordered list instead of in the main description box of the ad.

I imagine that a plugin could also provide these functions--focusing first on giving ads the ability to separate out the checkboxes values from the rest of the custom fields listed as comma separated strings.

Seth, that would be a NICE plugin or two for 3.0.5....HINT...hint...classipress305.jpgsidebarcheckboxes.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

bellboy (November 19th, 2010)

Thread Information