Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Especially Configured Mobile Phone Image & Text Ad Upload to ClassiPress Site Feature

Thanks

Lightbulb Especially Configured Mobile Phone Image & Text Ad Upload to ClassiPress Site Feature

Hello ClassiPress & Members,

I live in South Africa where there are approx. 50-million mobile-phone users and approx. 5-million Internet-users. A vast discrepancy! And, therefore, from an overall accessibility point of view, I need to somehow enable mobile-phone users* (*who have no computer and/or no Internet access) to use their (WAP-enabled) mobile-phones to easily; quickly and seamlessly, upload an image & text ad (via, e.g., MMS) to (a category of their choice on) my ClassiPress Classified Ad site.

And as such wonder if you know of* (*or could develop - wow! This would be a money-spinner to beat all money-spinners!) any existing (permissible - preferably "free") software; compatible with the ClassiPress configuration and structure, that it would be possible to install for this purpose?

Thanks
    you have the same vision as myself and no doubt 1000.s of others...alternatives to having a sms payment system could be a premium phone service example 09000 number...this number could generate passwords to the user. (the call costs £1.50)
    thus allwoing the caller/user to post there ad. Do classipress/wordpress have a password generater that could be used and intergrated with premium call options?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    I have planned on this too but through sms messaging. I can negotiate with our local telco to provide a special number for verification by sms. One of the hurdles is how to interface with telco's API for the SMS messages so that my site will automatically update the postings/ads.

I have already done some tests run though I still have to manually update the ads.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    sounds interesting...however logistically the sms intergration could be a nightmare (assumption) In thory it sounds simple...however in practise could be time consuming. i think that a user generated password is a simpler solution...do you know of any plugins for generating a password for users? (when users call a premium rate nimber?)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    I have not heard yet of that kind of plugin but I will try to check the official wordpress plugin repository for that.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    I dont think there is one....you know what i mean? when a user contacts phone number on the site...they recieve a password to enter there adverts....this resuklts in them paying a fee(premium rate) Now this is a guess (pure assumption) but wordpress probs do have a plugin which will generate random passwords....however the intergartion into classipress maybe difficult...i hope not...but this is a fantastic option for users to pay with there cell or home landline. everyone has a phone nowadays...if there aint a plugin...may i suggest...get developing ! lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    I have planned on this too but through sms messaging. I can negotiate with our local telco to provide a special number for verification by sms. One of the hurdles is how to interface with telco's API for the SMS messages so that my site will automatically update the postings/ads.

I have already done some tests run though I still have to manually update the ads.
    This is brilliant. Is there a plugin for this already?

Thanks
    Absolutely correct, garyb! Enabling mobile-phone users* (*throughout South Africa, for example) to submit a text ad via SMS, or text and image ad via MMS, to a ClassiPress Classified Ad website. And simultaneously "pay" for the ad; via a premium short-code (5-digit) number* (*and also receive "replies" to their ads, and contact numbers, etc., via SMS). Is the ultimate and absolute answer!
    My goodness, I conceived of this (essential) feature years ago! And whoever succeeds in making it a (workable) reality - will be a billionaire overnight!
    Best wishes,
    Royal Star.

Thanks
    garyb, until there is properly structured software for this purpose. There is a way to enable mobile-phone users (who have no computer or Internet access) to have their (paid) image and text ads posted on any website. However, as I will be using this innovative method - which I conceived of years ago - on my new Classipress Classified Ad website. And have not set it up as yet.
    I'll let you know when it is up and running and, perhaps, you could do the same.

Thanks
    royalstar its nothing new..its been around for years...what i would be impressed with is a classipress plugin, which does this...are you saying youve conceived a wordpress/classipress script !!! very interesting.....i am keen to give a test drive...keep me informed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information