Thread: Google Maps Stopped working for Jamaica since upgrade

Thanks

Google Maps Stopped working for Jamaica since upgrade

Hi,

I have an issue with the new implementation of Google maps. Prior to version 3 It worked fine for my country (Jamaica) since the upgrade however I can't get it to work properly as its defaulting to the USA.

Now I saw on another post where there is a Mod/hack to get it to work with unlisted countries...(havent tried it yet or found it) but I think its unfair for me to have to use a hack just because I am not in one of those privileged countries. IT WORKED FINE BEFORE!!

So I am not sure what localising to a handful of countries was supposed to solve. As far as I am concerned its an unfair bias, and since Classipress is sold to many users outside of that handful of countries this issues should be addressed and not be a MOD/HACK

(I will try to see if I can get said mod/hack to work in the meantime)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    I will move this topic at the Request section of this forum so that the development team can see and possibly include a fix/enhancement in the next version release of Classipress.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    When you say it worked until version 3, are you talking WordPress 3.0 or Classipress 3.0 (sorry, just need to clarify).

When I search on Google, they don't appear to support Jamaica in terms of having a "Google Maps Other" address you can use e.g. http://maps.google.jm/

Thread Information